Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Polymer conductor help

Started by kalakaflaca, September 21, 2010, 05:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalakaflaca

Dear Friends,
I am working on a sensor project but I can´t continue because still I can´t find any polymer conductor reatil..polymer conductor is perfect for my project due to it´s flexibility.I have a small piece of this conductor  it looks like a rubber band or some kind of soft polyethylene but I need some more.
I really tried hard in google and everywhere to get some of this material but still I don´t see any supply.

Any info. would be gratly appreciated.
H.D

mscoffman

@kalakaflaca

Hi! I think you are referring to "zebra strips", They are a micro stacks of conductive
elastomer layers separated by insulating elastomer layers built like a sandwitch.
They look like rubber bands. They are used to make contact between the the
(indium-tin-oxide) clear conductors on LCD display glass lenses with the PCB
printed circuit board connector pads.

Web Link to some;

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/zebra-strip.html

Google "zebra strips" for more info.

:S:MarkSCoffman

kalakaflaca

Yes Mark, that´s perfect to my project..my bad minimun order is 500 up 5000!.. I need only 1 or 2 ft to say of that polymer.. :-\..now I´ll try to google : rubber connector..conecting pads..etc..maybe I find other supply to buy a few pieces only  of that conectors..maybe ebay ..who knows..

Thanks again mark for your tip..very appreciated  :)

DreamThinkBuild

Hi Kalakaflaca,

Not sure what tolerances you need on the sensor but you might be able to make your own with some polymer hot melt then mix with atomized copper. Hot melt is a pain to work with(pours like honey) but if you are making a thin sheet it is easy to use with a large cook pan. It usually melts around 250-350F, once it is melted you could sift a good layer of atomized copper into the mix and let cool, cut to the size or shape you want. I've used hot melts to create round pipe seals on one of my projects. The hotmelts are like Jello when fully cured but strong and stretchy. You can also cut them up and remelt them if a mold goes bad.

This place carries atomized metals...
http://www.douglasandsturgess.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DAS&Category_Code=FILLERSTHICK-ATOMMETAL

...and hotmelts
http://douglasandsturgess.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DAS&Category_Code=FLEXCASTING-HOTMELT

kalakaflaca

Thanks dream for your interesting post..unfortunately they don´t shipp international... i found this other where to make different conductive pads using easy to get materials  http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Conductive-Glue-and-Glue-a-Circuit/?&sort=NEWEST&limit=40&offset=80  I am making a homemade dancing pad, not knowing how sensors under the arrows work I bought  a sensor  I found is two polymers strips encased in flexible plastic or rubber separated by a tiny line ..when stepped down the arrow both polymer make contact sending signal to the board..that´s all  science..40 of those sensors  cost me around 600 dls!!..much money..so I´m looking to make my homemade sensors ..finding the way to make mine by myself  it could save me a lot of money..I could make all of them for about 20 or  less..

again Dream thaks for your post