Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Captret - Capacitor and Electret

Started by ibpointless2, October 19, 2010, 06:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

Ferroelectricity is a property of certain materials in which they possess a spontaneous electric polarization that can be reversed by the application of an external electric field.  The internal electric dipoles of a ferroelectric material are coupled to the material lattice so anything that changes the lattice will change the strength of the dipoles (in other words, a change in the spontaneous polarization). The change in the spontaneous polarization results in a change in the surface charge. This can cause current flow in the case of a ferroelectric capacitor even without the presence of an external voltage across the capacitor.

Is the Captret displaying ferroelectricity?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferroelectric
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

ibpointless2

Quote from: Groundloop on October 24, 2010, 02:10:54 PM
@ibpointless2,

I did short out the main terminals on a electrolytic capacitor.
I then shorted the wires to the metal can of the cap.

Every time I remove the short the voltage climbs to
approx. 0,05 Volt. I have shorted out the metal can 20
times now but the voltage always climb back.

I get plus at the metal can and minus at the shorted main terminals.

[EDIT] I have seen up to 0,1 Volt if I let the capacitor rest
          for longer time without short circuit.

Groundloop.

I did what groundloop did where he shorted the + and - and then shorted them to the cap top and when releasing it from the cap top to check the voltage my voltage raises 10 millivolts every 7 seconds. If you short it out again it raises 10 millivolts every 7 seconds and does so every time. The voltage climbs back every time using a 22uF 50V capacitor and groundloops too, and believe it will work with all electrolytic capacitors with a metal top.

Its amazing if it can do that only one time but many times is just crazy! where is this energy coming from?  ???

Just like a electret the captret when fully shorted out will gain power back when the short is removed.

gravityblock

Quote from: ibpointless2 on October 24, 2010, 03:46:04 PM
Just like a electret the captret when fully shorted out will gain power back when the short is removed.

There is a similarity between electrets and the dielectric layer used in capacitors; the difference is that dielectrics in capacitors possess an induced polarization that is only transient, dependent on the potential applied on the dielectric, while dielectrics with electret properties exhibit quasi-permanent charge storage or dipole polarization in addition. Some materials also display ferroelectricity; i.e. they react to the external fields with a hysteresis of the polarization; ferroelectrics can retain the polarization permanently because they are in thermodynamic equilibrium, and are used in ferroelectric capacitors.  Materials displaying ferroelectrics is very similiar to the properties of electrets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electret

I have suggested that a new category should be added to this forum in regards to the electrets, http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=9883.0  Electret is to electric field as permanent magnet is to magnetic field.

[Edit:]  @All, Please help me to get electrets added as a category to this forum.  IMO, electrets or materials with a permenant electric field are equally important as permenant magnets in the quest for OU.

GB
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

ibpointless2

How to make self charging capacitors!

It must be a electrolytic capacitor.

1) Twist the "-" and the "+" leads together.
2) Get a 9 volt battery.
3) Connect one side of the battery to the twisted "-" and "+" pair and one to the top of the capacitor metal exposed area.
4) hold the battery there for a few seconds and remove it.
5) Un-twist the "-" and "+" pair.
6) Connect meter to capacitor to see voltage
7) disconnect meter and short out capacitor and let sit for a few seconds
8) Check capacitor voltage again to see if it is charging

Don't keep meter on capacitor, it could affect results.

Apply a load or a short and it should bounce back and charge.

This is just the Captret but in reverse.

*The lower the farad's the faster it will self-charge. I used 47uF @ 50 volts but any electrolytic capacitor will work.

Kator01

Hi ibpointless2,

try using electrolytic capacitors with different voltage specifications. The higher the voltage-specification the less charge-losses. Use 100 and 400 V Caps. 400 Volt-Caps are used in flashlight-circuits. Take an old camera fromthe dump an remove this small circuit-board

Will there be a difference in the recharge-speed ?

Kator01