Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Water battery with similar metals?

Started by ibpointless2, October 25, 2010, 07:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibpointless2

Quote from: lasersaber on October 27, 2010, 11:01:11 PM
Yes, I have tested it both grounded and ungrounded.  I made no difference in the test results.

I used regular enamel magnet wire for the copper wire.  I used uninsulated steel wire for the other wire.  I was careful not to scratch the enamel in the winding process.  I also made three coils to test in case one had a defect in some way.  I also saturated one of them with silicone spray lubrication that is specifically designed to "waterproof, rustproof and lubricate.  The oil coated one works just the same as the others.

It might be enamel coating? Can you do a continuity test on a piece of enamel wire, not the copper underneath but the actual enamel?

ibpointless2

oh wow, i forgot i even made this thread.

I was doing a google search for something dealing with water batteries with similar metals and i come across this, a thread i created on the topic.

I didn't plan on messing with water batteries its just one thing led to another and now i'm back where i started, funny how that works. I've been trying to make a homemade water captret and i though i succeeded but i think what i'm seeing is something very different. You see I'm using to similar metals that are in water and when i hook it up in series to a battery i get more voltage out then what i put in. On further experimenting i believe it was due the "water captret" actually being a water battery. You can watch the video here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGQmHY0ervQ

It seems that my water captret is just a water battery, but not in the sense of a normal water battery where it uses two dissimilar metals but the same metal. But in order for it to work well you just can't go and take two of the same metals and place them in water, there's more to it.

The reason why i think it works so well is what i'm using and how i'm using it. I'm using aluminum foil, but one piece is bigger than the other. For some odd reason having one piece bigger than the other is giving me voltage, enough to charge a capacitor. The greater the difference in size of the plates the greater the potential difference.

So why is this so important? well aluminum doesn't rust like other metals when exposed to water, due to the aluminum oxide that forms on it. So what this gives us is a battery that could last a long time, I've heard of aluminum taking decades to corrode, and the battery is easy and cheap to make. Its so simple that its crazy.

Omnibus

Quote from: ibpointless2 on October 25, 2010, 07:13:46 PM
What if a water battery could be made with similar metals? would it still decay like a normal water battery due to galvanic action?

A normal water battery would use to different metals like copper and zinc; once put in water it would produce a voltage. What if you could get the same effect with same metals like copper and copper put in water? Would it last forever, be perpetual motion?

What if? What do you think? is it possible? has it been done before?

Of course, it has been done before. It's called concentration cell, as you have gravity cells or cells using differentplanes of a monocrystal. Place the similar metals, say Cu, in vessels containing different concentrations of water solutionof CuSO4 and you'll have it. Recall the Nernst equation from school to find an explanation.

topothemtn

Since your cap has more voltage than your battery; will it charge up the battery. Maybe with a diode?

ibpointless2

Quote from: topothemtn on December 28, 2010, 01:07:18 AM
  Since your cap has more voltage than your battery; will it charge up the battery. Maybe with a diode?

I don't see why it shouldn't but i'm going to need more than a diode, maybe a joule thief. and also more of the caps need to be in series inorder to get something of that nature.