Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Water battery with similar metals?

Started by ibpointless2, October 25, 2010, 07:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibpointless2

What if a water battery could be made with similar metals? would it still decay like a normal water battery due to galvanic action?

A normal water battery would use to different metals like copper and zinc; once put in water it would produce a voltage. What if you could get the same effect with same metals like copper and copper put in water? Would it last forever, be perpetual motion?

What if? What do you think? is it possible? has it been done before?

ibpointless2

So if you take a neo magnet and napkins as the dielectric and put them together you get some voltage once it is soaked in water.

The voltage is not stable, for me it went from 250 mV to -250 mV. It oscillates very slowly and it will charge a capacitor but when the magnet water battery goes down in voltage so does the power that was in the capacitor, so the capacitor reflects its power.

It will only activate with water and so long as the napkin is wet it will supply power but when it dries its gone.

I think it should last longer than a normal water battery because there is no decay of metal because they all are the same metal, so it leads me to assume its the magnets that do the work and not the metal.

something i thought i should point out  ;D

lasersaber

Hi

I know for certain that this is possible.  I have been making some NS coils with just copper wire.  They work just like a normal NS coil but run at a much lower current level.  So you can basically have two electrodes both copper and get electrical current.  I will post some videos showing these effects in the future.

ibpointless2

Quote from: lasersaber on October 27, 2010, 10:59:08 AM
Hi

I know for certain that this is possible.  I have been making some NS coils with just copper wire.  They work just like a normal NS coil but run at a much lower current level.  So you can basically have two electrodes both copper and get electrical current.  I will post some videos showing these effects in the future.

Wow Lasersaber! I'm a big fan of your work! Its a pleasure to have you comment on my thread! ;D

I've notice too that copper can work, just never thought of using it in a NS coil, very smart!

I've used magnets because they hold themselves and make for quick measurements. I'll try to post a video of my finding too.

Please let me know more of your only copper NS coil. How do you make them?

The biggest question i have and you may too is " Do they last longer?" because they are the same metals.

ResinRat2

I believe what is happening is the same as what happens in a normal lead-acid battery.

In the simple lead-acid battery, alternating plates of mostly lead (all the same metal) are exposed to electrical current. This oxidizes half the plates and changes their surfaces into lead oxide. This creates the potential difference between the now positive and negatively charged plates. The electrolyte charges of the sulfuric acid then begin to flow through the plates and create voltage.

The same is happening in your cell. Copper naturally oxidizes in water. This small oxidation creates a potential difference as a small amount of the copper surface becomes copper oxide. This is where your charge is coming from. If you have no other electrolyte than water, you are getting the charge from small water self-ionization, and the electrons that are flowing between the copper and copper-oxide wires to balance their potential.

Do you notice any greenish hue on either of the wires. My guess is that as time goes on you will notice this oxidation. Just like the copper surface of the Statue of Liberty has turned green from oxidation.

If you actually try to “charge” your cell with a battery, you should see one electrode oxidize and change color. I think this would then “kill” your cell. The copper-oxide coating acts as a protective coating in the case of the Statue of Liberty. Once one wire’s surface is completely oxidized, the reaction should basically stop.

Good luck with your experiments.

RR2
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.