Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Foil for Li-Ion batteries will bring 30 % more charge ?

Started by hartiberlin, April 07, 2005, 08:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartiberlin

Hi All,
there is a new "foil" which must be glued onto the backside of a Li-Ion
accumulator and is said to give 30 % more charge inside the accu ?
How does this work, if it is not physically contacted onto the battery
electrodes ?
Is this some kind of "Radiant" foil, which lets the accu better charge up ?

At least the TUEV report states, that it works and a few other reports also !

Here is the link to it:

http://www.batterylife.de/

How does it work ?

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

iceweller

Stefan,

interesting product. I still have to verify if it is what think it is - in the mean time, this is what a link there reports:

ENERGY Conversion and Use 

With the use of nanotechnology it is possible to get higher efficiency for energy conversion. The center of attention is the material-lateral improvement (f.e. employment of nano-technological materials in the Photovoltaik and in gas cells) A further emphasis is the low-loss storage of energy. The efficient storage of hydrogen still represents a challenge. By methods of micro- and nano-structuring, the proportion in chemical storage of the hydrogen can be increased. The storage of hydrogen in nano-tubes made from carbon and other derivatives - in expectation of higher proportions - are still being researched.

Nano-materials can be used for the increase of battery-efficiency, mini-akkus (f.e. thru the use of nano-tubes in Li-Ion batteries) and for electro-chemical capacitors (supercapacitors). Additionally there is also big expectation in using the combination of supercapacitors and batteries for driving-purposes (f.e. storage of powerbrake-energy in electro-cars). The high losses in the case of current-transport make the use of superconducting lines even more interesting. The hope there is the use of nano-tubes, those superconductivities used at ambient temperature are considered possible.

Here is the german source link discussion:

http://www.myresearch.de/board.php?company=525&btype=7&cmd=show

All of the above is naturally inconclusive and doesn't really reveal much about the product.

Regards

betajim

These foil battery stickers have been sold in the US for a couple years now. I
first saw them targeted at cell phone batteries. To put it simply, this product
doesn't work. It only exists to seperate the credulous from their money.

iceweller

I managed to get one of those stickers from a friend for free to try out. They are shipped in a small package with a big A3 instructions leaf in various languages. There's not much to do, just stick it on the Li-Ion or Li-Poly cell of your cellphone. As these cells are usually all 50x35mm it fits nearly all phones. We'll see what happens with my company phone.

Regards

hartiberlin

Hi Iceweller,
yes, please let us know.
As the effect is probably pretty small it would need
a real measurement test to see any difference.

Do you have any test equipment to do this ?
Does the leaflet state, how it should work ?

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum