Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

litmus test fail by milehigh

Started by WilbyInebriated, November 20, 2010, 10:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: BEP on November 21, 2010, 11:28:23 AM
Wilby,

You have failed the same litmus test, again.

Bell Labs did not invent the transistor. They stole the idea and didn't give credit to the original inventor and patent holder.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_transistor

"Legal papers from the Bell Labs patent show that William Shockley and a co-worker at Bell Labs, Gerald Pearson, had built operational versions from Lilienfeld's patents, yet they never referenced this work in any of their later research papers or historical articles."
again? when was the first time? the litmus test is a logical fallacy BEP... i would hope you comprehend that. furthermore, i'm not doing any of the things milehigh is doing BEP... ::)  look at his posts and look at mine. ;) and finally, i didn't claim bell labs invented the transistor... can you quote where i said this? ;)
it's a jest. it's a poke at milehigh (and farraday) and his(her) crazy continued use of logical fallacy while attempting to portray one's self as an expert...

edit: nice try though BEP ;)
second edit: i am curious though, how is it that they both have patents?
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

BEP

Quote from: WilbyInebriated on November 20, 2010, 10:03:13 AM
a picture of the original transistor is included below...

I was the first to call MH on his query about making transistors using crushed rocks as an ingredient, not to slam him for his words. It was a simple bit of education and a small down payment for education he provides to me. I walk the wild side and he doesn't. Both views are needed. Most times we simply agree to disagree and move on.

My disagreements with Faraday result in much the same. The disagreements with many remain but if you need someone to check your work or theory, there are none better than the majority on that forum.

The first failure of the so-called 'litmus test' was quite awhile ago. It had more to do with the amount of negativity. My litmus test doesn't include grammar and speeling or I would tell myself to shut-up.

As for the patents... I have some opinion but no facts to back them so it is pointless and not my area of interest.

WilbyInebriated

i hope that quote isn't your attempt to show where you allege that i said bell labs invented the transistor... ;)

Quote from: BEP on November 21, 2010, 12:49:30 PM
I was the first to call MH on his query about making transistors using crushed rocks as an ingredient, not to slam him for his words. It was a simple bit of education and a small down payment for education he provides to me. I walk the wild side and he doesn't. Both views are needed. Most times we simply agree to disagree and move on.
yes, i know you called him out, i mentioned it if you recall. i walk on another path, one that follows the philosophy of 'do unto others as they do unto others...'

My disagreements with Faraday result in much the same. The disagreements with many remain but if you need someone to check your work or theory, there are none better than the majority on that forum.
again regarding farrahday i follow the same philosophy as mentioned above. the majority on that forum are great thinkers that embrace logic. however, milehigh and farrah are not among that group.

The first failure of the so-called 'litmus test' was quite awhile ago. It had more to do with the amount of negativity. My litmus test doesn't include grammar and speeling or I would tell myself to shut-up.
yeah well, that's all fine and dandy, but it's milehigh and farrah's litmus that we are talking about here, not your litmus test... look at milehigh's car mechanic analogy and then substitute EE for mechanic and basic semiconductor history for metric/US spanners. or take farrah's statement and apply it to newton or even to faraday himself... shall we throw out everything they have said because they both had faith in an imaginary godfairy? this is exactly what milehigh and farrahday are doing and it is ludicrous. i could go on, but i think/hope i have made my point.

As for the patents... I have some opinion but no facts to back them so it is pointless and not my area of interest.
ok, thanks. i would be interested in hearing you opine... you do it much better than most.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

allcanadian

@WilbyInebriated
I would agree with some of what you have said however I think the most important aspect of the predatory and pathological behavior mentioned above is never fully addressed. The result of the critics action is clear, first people either leave the forums or do not post for fear of personal attacks next the open unhindered debate of the topic of the thread is effectively killed and finally no progress is made. While the motives of these critics may be questionable the result of their actions is not as the result is the same in every case, they effectively kill all open debate of the topic.
Regards
AC
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

spinn_MP

Quote from: WilbyInebriated on November 20, 2010, 10:03:13 AM
to which milehigh replied:
LMFAO... milehigh doesn't even know you can make your own transistors. yes, milehigh you are not an expert. that is the truth.

epic fail of litmus test, and thus as per the great milehigh and farrahday, i shall now follow their great logical fallacy and toss out anything else they may have to say as garbage because they failed the litmus... ::)

a picture of the original transistor is included below... it is easily seen that nearly anyone could make one with a small amount of effort and tools.

Wilby, you're at it - again? Feel good to shake a tree?
Would you tell us about how you made your own, your first transistor? After all, "nearly anyone can make one with a small amount of efforts and tools".
;D
So, check out the facts, not just the ones you collect while making your "attack strategy". It's still too obvious you cannot deal with the basics of, e.g. electrotechnics, yet you insist to mess with it blindly.
If you think you're qualified, you can instruct us how to build "our own transistors".
And, please, don't use that crystal detector analogy anymore....

You're just full of shite, aren't you?

And, watch out, from too much goggling you can get blind...
Beside your well known and excessively used rhetorical and grammatical skills, you have nothing..

A Don Quixote of a kind...