Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Is there proof gravity can not be a energy source?

Started by brian334, February 07, 2011, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omnibus

Quote from: brian334 on February 07, 2011, 06:46:55 PM
Can you prove what you say? Can you prove gravity does not make things move? And if gravity makes things move it is a source of energy.

I've proved it already -- put an apple on your kitchen table and let it stay there. Gravity acts on it and yet it doesn't move, correct? Energy only appears when there's also displacement under the action of gravity. So, to have energy you have to have two things -- displacement and force (gravity). Only gravity isn't enough to have energy. Gravity is not energy and therefore cannot be a source of energy.

maw2432

The enormous energy of Niagara Falls has long been recognized as a great source of hydroelectric power.    Gravity can be leveraged and used to create electrical power realizing the stored potential energy of water behind a dam.   So to answer the question, there is proof that gravity is being used as an energy source.   The rest of the discussion is just a matter of semantics.   The actual real source of the energy comes from our sun and the water cycle.   

Bill

Omnibus

Quote from: maw2432 on February 07, 2011, 07:06:44 PM
The enormous energy of Niagara Falls has long been recognized as a great source of hydroelectric power.    Gravity can be leveraged and used to create electrical power realizing the stored potential energy of water behind a dam.   So to answer the question, there is proof that gravity is being used as an energy source.   The rest of the discussion is just a matter of semantics. 

Bill

Do you not recognize in your Niagara falls example the two elements -- force (gravity) and displacement -- I pointed out to you, which characterize energy? Gravity acting on still water, even if that water stands still at a height thus having potential energy, does no work. For gravity to do work conditions must be ensured for the second element -- displacement -- to come into play. Gravity itself isn't enough to produce energy. Gravity isn't energy. This isn't semantics but is the essence of this problem.

camelherder49

For MSCOFFMAN

i have been a daily visitor of this forum for several years and this is
my 1st time to reply to any topic. I really like the way that you explained that it might take at least 2 different totally separate systems in conjunction to make a gravity engine self sustaining.

Since everything starts as an idea 1st, I am still wondering ,why out of all the ideas that are discussed daily, there has never been one reference to a practical idea that I have had for some time now.

With most ideas that I have seen there is always some problem to
overcome having to do with friction,levers,ramps,shifting weights,and etc.

My idea has to do with continuous gravitational fuel with a small amount of energy needed to return the fuel to its starting point.

My reason for replying to you is that I think you are the most fair minded on the forum.I think now is the time to put this idea into a real world project.If interested, please email me cdglobalprojects@gmail.com

Omnibus

Quote from: camelherder49 on February 07, 2011, 08:37:54 PM
For MSCOFFMAN

i have been a daily visitor of this forum for several years and this is
my 1st time to reply to any topic. I really like the way that you explained that it might take at least 2 different totally separate systems in conjunction to make a gravity engine self sustaining.

Since everything starts as an idea 1st, I am still wondering ,why out of all the ideas that are discussed daily, there has never been one reference to a practical idea that I have had for some time now.

With most ideas that I have seen there is always some problem to
overcome having to do with friction,levers,ramps,shifting weights,and etc.

My idea has to do with continuous gravitational fuel with a small amount of energy needed to return the fuel to its starting point.

My reason for replying to you is that I think you are the most fair minded on the forum.I think now is the time to put this idea into a real world project.If interested, please email me cdglobalprojects@gmail.com

What gravitational fuel? It was explained that gravity is not energy and therefore cannot constitute fuel to be spent as energy supply. That is nonsense and should be nipped in the bud from your first posting.