Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Rosemary Ainslie circuit demonstration on Saturday March 12th 2011

Started by hartiberlin, February 20, 2011, 06:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosemary Ainslie

Cat, Fuzzy, MaNag - has it not yet occurred to you guys to wonder why it is that I so patiently and repeatedly answer your posts?  Why I take the trouble?  It would be so easy to simply walk away from here.  I read somewhere on these threads that 'if you're going to wrestle with pigs - you'll both get dirty.  But the pig will enjoy it'.  Something like that.  Well.  I know that it does my 'name' no good.  But I'm not interested in my name.  And it does nothing to advance my popularity.  But I'm not interested in my popularity.  Here's what it achieves.  You guys are actually giving me an almost infinite variety of ways to attest to the truth of the claim - precisely because you keep challenging it.  And I WONT TIRE of defending it.  EVER.  There's a mission involved here.  And I'm equal to it - while I've still got some kind of life in me.  More than equal to it.

So.  Really.  From the bottom of my heart.  Thank you.

Rosemary

poynt99

With the actual capacitor value:

Capacitor start voltage = 37.6V @ 17:47:47
Capacitor end voltage = 32.0V @ 17:48:32
Voltage drop over the 45 seconds = 5.6V
Capacitor = 2x 150,000uF, 40V, in parallel

Evidently the circuit functioned normally for a short period, and there was no recharge.

The energy used then is: 1/2 x 300,000uF x (37.62 - 322)
= 58.46J, and the average power supplied over the 45 seconds = 1.3W.

question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

Rosemary Ainslie

Quote from: poynt99 on July 03, 2011, 10:29:10 AM
With the actual capacitor value:

Capacitor start voltage = 37.6V @ 17:47:47
Capacitor end voltage = 32.0V @ 17:48:32
Voltage drop over the 45 seconds = 5.6V
Capacitor = 2x 150,000uF, 40V, in parallel

Evidently the circuit functioned normally for a short period, and there was no recharge.

The energy used then is: 1/2 x 300,000uF x (37.62 - 322)
= 58.46J, and the average power supplied over the 45 seconds = 1.3W.

Poynty?  As I understand it Joules relates to the energy dissipated as work.  And that resistor of ours was measuring over 150 degrees centigrade.  Ambient at  about 16 degrees centigrade.  Surely that's got to be factored in?  Somewhere?  Temperature over ambient indicated 33 watts dissipated or thereby.  The downside of this value is that the temperature was still climbing fast.  We never tested it to the duration. Frankly, if I'd known that you could determine the actual energy dissipated over this period I'd have kept closer record.

Regards,
Rosemary

Added.

poynt99

Quote from: Rosemary Ainslie on July 03, 2011, 05:08:33 AM
Groundloop - the caps were 2 x 40 volt 150 000 ? micro farad in parallel.  I hope I've got that right. 

Apparently the circuit leads were directly across the caps.  So, I guess the caps must have been in parallel to the batteries.
If the battery voltage was 60V, then it is highly unlikely the batteries were connected throughout the test. 40V capacitors would not cope too well with 60V across them (they tend towards explosion under these conditions), and hopefully your assistant knew this. Perhaps he had only 3 batteries connected in order to charge the capacitor to about 36V.

Which means that the test was a definite FAIL.  The caps DO NOT WORK.
The circuit did work (oscillate) until the voltage dropped to a certain level.

What stuck me is that the waveform just COLLAPSES.  Unless we should have been using different caps?  Not at all sure.  Frankly I never thought that a cap would work.  I just don't know why it should.
It stopped oscillating because the circuit is not optimized to work at lower voltages. It's a matter of tweaking the circuit.

That test, at least, is put to bed.
Actually, no.

question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

Rosemary Ainslie

Quote from: poynt99 on July 03, 2011, 10:39:24 AM
If the battery voltage was 60V, then it is highly unlikely the batteries were connected throughout the test. 40V capacitors would not cope too well with 60V across them (they tend towards explosion under these conditions), and hopefully your assistant knew this. Perhaps he had only 3 batteries connected in order to charge the capacitor to about 36V.
Yes it was only connected to 3 batteries.  No he is NOT MY ASSISTANT.  GOLLY.  He's a professional engineer.

Quote from: poynt99 on July 03, 2011, 10:39:24 AMThe circuit did work (oscillate) until the voltage dropped to a certain level.
Yes.  It did.  Momentarily. 

Quote from: poynt99 on July 03, 2011, 10:39:24 AMIt stopped oscillating because the circuit is not optimized to work at lower voltages. It's a matter of tweaking the circuit.
He's satisfied that it won't continue to oscillate.  And I'm happy to rest on his advices.

Rosemary