Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

batteries without metal electrodes and just cheap graphite and TiO2

Started by hartiberlin, March 06, 2011, 07:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartiberlin

Hi All,
IBpointless has made a battery from just a pencil and paper and water.
See here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEnTTUvYWaQ

I have tried also to make a battery without metal electrodes.

Try to use one graphite rod or plate or pencil as the one electrode
and as the other electrode mix TiO2 with graphite powder and water and put it onto a microscope glas plate as a thin surface layer and heat this with a candle and its carbon black output, so it gets dry.
This will produce about 0.2 to 0.3 volts per cell. So the Titandioxid helps !

Watch out, that the glas does not shatter from the heat, you can also do
it without the glas, but I did it this way.

These put not out much current, but if you stack them up in series , you can at least get
a good voltage, if you put 50 or 100 in series.
This then should be enough to run a Joule Thief and run a few LEDs.
The good thing is, that it does not consume anything, just the water and some air...

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

ibpointless2

Quote from: hartiberlin on March 06, 2011, 07:46:25 PM
Hi All,
IBpointless has made a battery from just a pencil and paper and water.
See here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEnTTUvYWaQ

I have tried also to make a battery without metal electrodes.

Try to use one graphite rod or plate or pencil as the one electrode
and as the other electrode mix TiO2 with graphite powder and water and put it onto a microscope glas plate as a thin surface layer and heat this with a candle and its carbon black output, so it gets dry.
This will produce about 0.2 to 0.3 volts per cell. So the Titandioxid helps !

Watch out, that the glas does not shatter from the heat, you can also do
it without the glas, but I did it this way.

These put not out much current, but if you stack them up in series , you can at least get
a good voltage, if you put 50 or 100 in series.
This then should be enough to run a Joule Thief and run a few LEDs.
The good thing is, that it does not consume anything, just the water and some air...

Regards, Stefan.

Yes these cells are really amazing. Since graphite is not a metal it can't rust like the water batteries that used dissimilar metals. I've made great progress with these types of cells. My latest cells don't corrode even when i use a metal such as aluminum. I leave the cells shorted out all the time and as long as you have water they produce voltage.

I've come a long way now with them, I've got cells now that don't consume the graphite or aluminum. The water doesn't evaporate anymore and I've been able to remove the air and the cells continue to work. The design is simple, Two plates placed in distilled water. You can use tap water but I suggest only using graphite plates instead any other metal due the minerals in the tap water.

The question that i can't figure out is why does this produce a voltage? If you search around the internet you'll find that the same metals don't produce a galvanic reaction and thus no voltage, but you do get a voltage from same metals in water.

Pirate88179

Quote from: ibpointless2 on March 06, 2011, 09:17:16 PM

Yes these cells are really amazing. Since graphite is not a metal it can't rust like the water batteries that used dissimilar metals. I've made great progress with these types of cells. My latest cells don't corrode even when i use a metal such as aluminum. I leave the cells shorted out all the time and as long as you have water they produce voltage.

I've come a long way now with them, I've got cells now that don't consume the graphite or aluminum. The water doesn't evaporate anymore and I've been able to remove the air and the cells continue to work. The design is simple, Two plates placed in distilled water. You can use tap water but I suggest only using graphite plates instead any other metal due the minerals in the tap water.

The question that i can't figure out is why does this produce a voltage? If you search around the internet you'll find that the same metals don't produce a galvanic reaction and thus no voltage, but you do get a voltage from same metals in water.

Very nice work.  You can get voltage from the same metals when placed in the ground as we discovered on the earth battery topic.  I cut a copper tube into 2 sections so I knew it was the same composition and placed them in the ground and got both volts and mA's out of them.  With your set-up, I would have guessed that it was the minerals in the water but, if using distilled water, I have no idea where this is coming from.

I hope more folks explore this.  I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

ibpointless2

Quote from: Pirate88179 on March 06, 2011, 10:01:11 PM
Very nice work.  You can get voltage from the same metals when placed in the ground as we discovered on the earth battery topic.  I cut a copper tube into 2 sections so I knew it was the same composition and placed them in the ground and got both volts and mA's out of them.  With your set-up, I would have guessed that it was the minerals in the water but, if using distilled water, I have no idea where this is coming from.

I hope more folks explore this.  I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Bill

Thanks, I do remember reading that in the earth battery form. John Bedini has a form on his earth cells and i made mention to him to use only aluminum instead of two dissimilar metals. John Bedini says he's getting power too from his type earth cells/crystal battery using the same metal with distilled water.

ibpointless2

I've got my new design for smaller cells working just as good as the bigger one. I find that when making any same metal cells that you must short them out for at least a day, it seems that shorting them is like charging them. I'll be posting a new YouTube video soon showing and talking about the newer smaller cells.

I really can't wait to start having these cells lighting LED's but I find it most important to perfect the cells first before getting ahead of myself with powering anything. Everything is different with these cells, shorting them out is like charging them and letting them sit not hooked to anything is like draining them of their charge.

I do have some golden rule that must be follow if you wan't to make the cells that will last for a long time. These rules can change when further improvements occur.

-You must use the same metals or only graphite, mixing metals gives a galvanic reaction and that will destroy the plates.
- The plates must be flat and solid, no dings or dents or even holes.
- Distilled water works best because it lacks the minerals that could destroy the plates, graphite does hold nice to the tap water.
- The cell must be sealed and filled completely to the top with distilled water. Being sealed doesn't allow the water evaporate or allow air to come in.
- they must be shorted out in order for them to get a good charge. 
- Don't hook them to a battery that has a higher charge on it, doing this might oxide one of the plates and hurt the pure results you're going after.