Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Free Energy prize money

Started by PaulLowrance, April 09, 2005, 11:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BushWacker

When I was sitting in on the Energy and Ethics conference a few years ago, Steven Greer was not worried about finding any more free energy technologies/devices. He focused on when they should release what they already had to the world. If this doesn't sound opposite of what he has been preaching on the air and in public well, I don't know how to make it more clear, that SEAS Power and the Greer people are only another watchdog group who are trying to manage all the people with genuine technologies. I've run into this many times throughout the last 30+ years. How and why do you think we are no further along then we were 30 years ago? You all do what you want, you are going to anyway. I just thought I'd save you the grief of finding out the hard way. I've been around these spook types most of my life, I know how they work and mark my words if you like, but they already have at least several viable free energy technologies which would revolutionize the world but they are controlling it all. This is not the group that people think they are! Call me paranoid or whatever floats your boat guy's, but the reason I'm here is because my life has been ruined by these kinds of people, if you can even call them people/human. I am speaking to deaf ear's once again. So what the he__ else is new today!

Bye guy's and good luck!

Bush Wacker

PaulLowrance

I'm trying to be prepared when or if I succeed in a FE machine.  I think this preparation could be very helpful to other people.  Someone emailed me the following interesting advice.  I was wondering what everyone thought of it:

+++++++++++
Patenting takes a lot of money and a lot of time, and will be seen "first" by the wolves in the US Patent Office.  I would not make patent my first step, if it were me.

I would publish and fully document the fact that I had "prior art".  I would do a number of things to establish the date of origination, such as certified mail to myself, with enclosed documents notarizes.  Note that YahooGroups listings are date stamped and are not editable.  Note that www.archive.org is a true historic snapshot that usually takes about 6 months before the archive shows up.

Then I would probably wait as long as possible (11.5 months -12 months) to "provisional" file for patent, which would then give me yet another year to file officially.  That would give me two years from the time of my "prior art" date before I make the final patent filing.

Meanwhile I would open source like crazy and try and develop the technology as far and wide as possible, with input from people all over the planet.

In my "open sourcing" documentation, I would have a prominent link to the "prior art" document that establishes my intellectual rights, and would require that any projects that spring from the original make reference to that document.
+++++++++++

atomiverse

Hi Paul:

Your advice re:patenting is quite surprising, though if well-founded, encouraging. I was under the impression once a thing was on the internet and unpatented, that it was gone.

So, you make your prior art device, which in my experience can be over-scale or under-scale, and then you send yourself some SASE's and find someone to sign your notebook or get it notarized, etc.,

These next two parts I barely follow -- you have one year to improve the thing and this CAN include talking about how the bearings burn afetr five miutes running, etc., on public forums like Yahoo, before you MUST file your patent.

What you wisely suggest is that we THEN use the super-cheap "Provisional" patent form, after eleven months of dickering with the invention in discussions as well as getting up to our elbows in gimbals and whatzits. And THEN we continue to talk about the invention for a year, hoping to solve the bearing problem, or whatever?

I think we should copy this stuff to a "PROVISIONAL PATENTING FOR DUMMIES" thread.

PaulLowrance

Here is another reply from a person on patents, publishing, and trademarks:

+++++++++++
>Meanwhile I would open source like crazy and try and develop the
>technology as far and wide as possible, with input from people all over
>the planet.
>In my "open sourcing" documentation, I would have a prominent link to
>the "prior art" document that establishes my intellectual rights, and
>would require that any projects that spring from the original make
>reference to that document.

You cannot put such restrictions on documentation, unless you can
enforce them with a patent, copyright, or licensing restriction.
Licensing restrictions (I consider non-disclosure agreements to be
a subset of these in this context) can be applied only if there is
a license and some reason why people NEED a license (like copyright).
Copyright protects the form of idea, not the idea itself, so a
project could spring from your ideas and there'd be no way to enforce
a requirement to reference your document.  If you aren't a jerk
about it, many will honor the request anyway, but you can't enforce
it.
Patents, which are probably the best approach to keeping control
of the idea and not letting someone else patent it, are expensive.
Trademarks only protect the NAME of your invention.  If your product
is HyperWeasel, you may be able to prevent the project to re-implement
your idea with a freer license from calling itself FreeHyperWeasel,
but trademark alone won't prevent them from copying the product.
+++++++++++

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/misc.legal/browse_frm/thread/cad68b3827840669/653d533e0c138e86#653d533e0c138e86

Jim_Mich

Patent laws are different in different countries. United States patent law allows you one year to file from the time you first puplicly disclose your invention. European patent law does not allow for disclosure before filing. As soon as you publish your idea or offer it for sale you loose any rights to patent in European countries. The US ia the only country that gives you the one year grace period.

In the US only the inventor may get a patent. In other countries the first person to file gets a patent.

This is my 'Plan'...

A] First get something that works!!!

B] Take steps to insure the idea survives in case of calamity.

C] Define the principle or the reason why it works!

D] Design a simple cheap working POP (proof of principle) sample model.

F] Build as many of these models as money/time/reasoning suggest.

G] Plan Ad campaign, including literature, web space, documentation, etc.

H] Write patent applications for most major countries.

I] Prepare a list of names, addresses of who is to receive what.

J] Always continue research into increasing power output and alternate designs.

K] Load up on liability and life insurance.

L] When all is prepared, file patents, upload web site, mail plans, ship models, etc. Hit the media hard! Make a sensation! Be on the evening news worldwide.

Do what needs to be done to keep those in power from suppressing your invention. It is much harder to put the genie back into the bottle after everyone has seen it. They move slow. You must move fast. The window of opportunity is between when the Patent Office receives your application and when someone reviewing it realizes what your invention really does.

Just my humble opinion.

Jim_Mich