Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Ibpointless2 Crystal Cells

Started by ibpointless2, November 02, 2011, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiChaser

@ PB: Thanks for the kind words! Now I need more meters LOL!!
Seems like there is room for more borax so I will keep trying higher concentrations. I may add some crushed NSAID (aspirin) since it is mostly starch. That may help take care of the excess H2O that makes those mixes that never set properly.
A steady 10mA huh? I will keep working towards that. I'm still getting voltage but very little amperage on cells I charged a week or two ago... The borax is helping a LOT so better numbers in the future for sure!
I think the oxalic acid corroded my Al pretty fast but I will try a couple with just the Durham's and BKF but Durham's isn't very porous by itself. Adding alum makes a lot more little bubbles, more than adding just epsom salt. The good thing is that BKF is super powdery so it will mix great with the Durham's, I just don't think the borax will reach the electrodes through the electrolyte. I would like to give the borax 'dip' a try however. Maybe pre-coating the electrodes in a borax solution and letting them harden, then using those 'trodes in the oxalic acid mixture would work? I dig the idea of using Zamboni's ingredients in the mix!
I can't wait to build some JTs... Oh, my FG doesn't do a proper square wave so I need to look into that... Still need more supplies too...

Happy experimenting,
PC

PhiChaser

Hey all,
Good new to report. The three cells I charged on the 6th are still giving me decent voltage readings above 1.5v AND the amperage is still coming in between 100-250uA.
One of them I had on a VOM yesterday until it was below 0.4v and today it reads about 1.56v when I hook up the clips on the VOM.  ;D
I'm gonna hook the three cells in series up to an LED for the rest of the day. My prediction is that the light will be out by tonight but who knows? If the light will stay lit for 8 hours these cells could work as overnight lighting maybe... Solar charging seems to be the logical way to go in this case. Anyways...
I will unhook them overnight and test vA in the morning. Sounds like fun huh?

Happy experimenting,
PC

P.S. Pretty quiet around here the last couple days...

triffid

Something funny about quartz?Silicia? Remember its repulsive to other forms of matter?  http://www.rexresearch.com/kowsky/kowsky.htm
triffid

Something funny happened in the lab a long time ago.

triffid

Still waiting on my aluminum copper wire cells to dry more.Collected more dandelion leaf today.triffid

PhiChaser

Didn't get a chance to do the test I wanted to. The LED didn't last long so I directly shorted the three cells (clipped the C to the Al on each cell) to see how long it took for them to 'come back' and I still don't know! Heh heh, I had a bunch of stuff going on yesterday so nothing panned out as far as testing goes. I DO know that they went from zero volts back up to over 1.5v in less than three hours. Maybe today I will be able to keep a better eye on them. I also should journal the results from these since they are doing so well (comparatively) and the voltage probably changes daily... I would know if I kept decent records... Homework? What homework??   ;)
Seems like these are more like slow discharge capacitors except they don't seem to have a 'specific' voltage threshold... Anyhow, I did get some 1/8" Al rod and 1/8" C rod so I can make some new cells. I'm gonna try to get more borax in there this time... Maybe do a smaller ratio test, dunno... Got other things giong on today so I guess I will see if I get some free time...

Happy experimenting,
PC