Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electronic bug zapper function ?

Started by hartiberlin, June 28, 2006, 01:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartiberlin

This is a bit offtopic,
but does somebody know,
how such an electronic bug zapper works ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170002863562

Are the bugs killed just by one polarity of high voltage or are both poles there on the tennis rack mesh ?
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

pg46

hi-

I think both poles are there on the tennis racket. I took one apart recently but I forget just now which was positive and which was negative.

fleebell

you can get the same thing from harbor freight for about $3 when they are on sale....   I have one and it works very well especially on those aggravating wood boring bee's which we seem to have an excess  of around here.  One slight tap and no more wood bee.

Lee B

hartiberlin

How do they do the insolation between plus and minus wire mesh ?
How close is the mesh ?
Do the insects get stuck between both plus and minus meshes and
get an electrical shock ?
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

pg46

On my zapper racket, there are 3 screens. The center one is negative and the outside two are positive.
The gap between screens is about 3 mm. The bug has to touch  one of them and only be 'close enough' to the other and "ZAP" they're toasted.