Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Heron's Fountain

Started by Pirate88179, August 28, 2012, 09:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neo-X

Is this the same principle on self flowing flask?

conradelektro

Quote from: Neo-X on August 29, 2012, 07:50:50 AM
Is this the same principle on self flowing flask?

Well, the self flowing flask is a thought experiment (first published by Robert Boyle in the 17th century) which does not work in reality. Whereas Heron's fountain does work (if set up properly and when refilled /emptied occasionally).

http://deemaland.blogspot.co.at/2008/01/boyle-self-flowing-flask.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Boyle (see at the end of the page, scroll down)

Many contraptions based on water flow can be made to work by applying heat in order to generate natural convection. The necessary energy (which can be very little) comes from the heat source.

Greetings, Conrad

johnny874

Quote from: Pirate88179 on August 28, 2012, 09:22:21 PM
This past weekend I constructed a Heron's Fountain according to the attached diagram.  I will post a video of it in operation when I get a chance.  This is a really cool project and cost me nothing to build.  It is amazing to see the water lifted higher than the starting point.  More later...

Bill

Instructions I used are here: http://blog.makezine.com/2008/06/08/build-herons-fountain-1/  I modified a few things to fit the materials I had laying about.

This is funny Pirate88719. My continuously flowing water uses similar mechanics but includes the use of leverage to make it perpetual. TK, told me such things are junk and I should go back to school, lmao   :o
But I don't play with children's toys anymore.

edited to add; @All, the last comment was aimed at pirate 88719 and TinselfKoala.
  This is something I became familiar with when I went to school for propulsion engineering. The pressures we worked with were up to about 1,320 psi, that's when safeties would lift.
And with myself, what i learned was how to get work from such differences in pressure.
As for bill and tk, they might want to consider reading a book on engineering to get a better understanding of the dynamics involved. You know, how compression creates back pressure but by utilizing another force (gravity), back pressure can be compensated for (by using leverage) to have a system that can take advantage of the energy potential that exists.

broli

That's a neat little heron's fountain design.

@Magluvin the suggested concept would be cool if it worked but I doubt it. Heron's fountain is all about pressure differences. I attached an illustration that shows this. You see a green and a red bar in both, these indicate the pressure differences. When one is higher than the other it should tell you something about the flow of things. In the right, your suggestion, the pressure difference is reversed. So what will happen is that the water in the long tube will fall back until its pressure is equal to the length of the red line, which is the pressure of the water column between the surface of the top bottle and middle bottle.

b_rads

Quote from: Pirate88179 on August 28, 2012, 09:22:21 PM
This past weekend I constructed a Heron's Fountain according to the attached diagram.  I will post a video of it in operation when I get a chance.  This is a really cool project and cost me nothing to build.  It is amazing to see the water lifted higher than the starting point.  More later...

Bill

Instructions I used are here: http://blog.makezine.com/2008/06/08/build-herons-fountain-1/  I modified a few things to fit the materials I had laying about.

Thank you Bill for posting this.  This looks to be great fun and will look at this weekend to try and replicate.  Really looking forward to your video on this. 

Brad S