Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Cole Mechanism

Started by Aemilius, October 08, 2012, 06:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aemilius

The Cole Mechanism - A solution to "The Milkovic Problem"

For discussion already under way.... http://scienceforums.com/topic/26247-gravity-driven-mechanisms/

For uninterupted analysis and video.... http://thecolemechanism.blogspot.com/

Its motion is pendulous, but unlike a simple pendulum which has two possible positions of equilibrium (stable when hanging and un-stable when inverted), this Pendulum, because of the way it's balanced, actually has four possible positions of equilibrium, two un-stable (when it's hanging or is inverted) and two stable (when the Pendulum is positioned to the left or right, perpendicular to the force of gravity).

The gravitational force itself is not switched or turned on and off, the influence that gravity has on the Mechanism is changed by changing the Mechanisms condition within the un-changing gravitational field.

I'm get the Mechanism to rotate by periodically changing its condition. The Control Lever is periodically moved back and forth (3 to 5 degrees approx.) and is solid or fixed to the Main Axel (white) and Sun Sprocket (gold with white center) of the Planetary Chain and Sprocket arrangement. The Planet Sprocket (black, with the Pendulum that is attached to it) is affected through the imbalancing action of the Sun Sprocket, transmitted to it by the Chain.

There are a few differences that immediately become apparent when comparing this Mechanism to a conventional pendulum, this pendulum....

1. ....has been robbed of any natural periodicity normally associated with pendulous motion. In other words, it's rate of motion depends exclusively on the rate/frequency at which it is being periodically imbalanced.

2. ....unlike a simple pendulum which has two possible positions of equilibrium (one stable and one un-stable), this Mechanism actually has four possible positions of equilibrium (two stable and two un-stable), which is critical to the effect.

3. ....does not swing back and forth in two directions like a simple pendulum with the well known accompanying periodic rise and fall of potential and kinetic energy levels (respectively) as it begins, continues and ends each motional cycle.

This Mechanism swings to one side, gaining kinetic energy as its potential energy diminishes, and then, by slightly changing the condition of the mechanism at the appropriate time (I call it mechanical commutation), it continues its swinging motion in the same direction to the other side without losing the kinetic energy it has gained. I believe that's why it begins to rotate so quickly and forcefully.

This is a Pendulous Mechanism that rotates relatively forcefully at the first introduction of even a very slight imbalancing, or "trigger" force which is all that's necessary to begin, and then maintain, an ongoing reaction to the un-changing gravitational field.

The magnitude of the very slight imbalancing force delivered to the system by means of the Control Lever is sensibly comparable in every way to standing a pencil on end, holding it at the top and moving it back and forth an inch or so (exactly what I feel during testing, almost nothing), a level of applied force that should be wholly insufficient to overcome the inertia of the relatively heavy Mechanism whether at rest or in motion, nor can it account for the immediate onset of rotation.

The actual driving force needed to cause rotation of the Mechanism as a whole cannot be imparted to the Planet Sprocket by the Sun Sprocket via the Chain because the Sun Sprocket doesn't move in such a way as to be capable of imparting rotational motion to the Planet Sprocket, which leaves gravity as the only other driving force available to explain why it immediately begins to rotate in response to a slight imbalancing force delivered to the system by means of the Control Lever.

It will rotate (start, speed up, slow down or speed up again) depending on the rate at which it's imbalanced. Whatever the rate of the imbalancing action is, the Mechanism will respond by rotating at the same rate. In other words, when initially imbalanced it begins to rotate. If the imbalancing action is being applied twenty times per minute, it will rotate at twenty revolutions per minute. If one then (while it's rotating twenty revolutions per minute) increases the rate of the applied imbalancing action from twenty times per minute to forty, it will, after a very slight delay, be rotating at forty revolutions per minute. While rotating at forty revolutions per minute, if one slows the rate of the applied imbalancing action back down to twenty per mimute, again, after a very slight delay, it will be rotating at twenty revolutions per minute.

I would post the plans here, but there aren't any. There were no preliminary sketches and no actual measurements were made.... I just built it based on a visualization (there was lots of trial and error, for example forming the spring eleven times before finally getting the calibration right).

Analysis will continue as new ideas are formed and new parts are fitted.... Emile

johnny874

Quote from: Aemilius on October 08, 2012, 06:07:24 PM
For discussion already under way.... http://scienceforums.com/topic/26247-gravity-driven-mechanisms/

For uninterupted analysis and video.... http://thecolemechanism.blogspot.com/.... Analysis will continue as new ideas are formed

For non-member questions and comments.... emile@anglamarke.com

Analysis will continue as new ideas are formed and new parts are fitted.... Emile

Pretty cool  8)
do you think a metronome might help to keep it going ? Not sure how much different yours is with the part you're moving.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metronome

edited to add; Emile, something like in the pic might work to move the emchanism your hand is moving.
if the upright levers weigh the same or are leveraged to have equal force, then it should be an efficient means of transferring force. Just think of cutting a ball when shooting pool.
some shots to think about  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isIZuG4RFw0
actually, the 2nd shot is pretty much what I'm talking about. The guy must have weigh (pun intended) to much time on his hands.

Aemilius

Hand made ratchet arrangements, delicate sliding counterweights, various linkages, pulleys, intricate catch and release arrangements, even tiny hand made shock absorbers.... I've exprimented with them all separately and in combination over the years's (actually a lot of fun). The problem I kept running into though is that when rotating, it doesn't respond well to any sudden changes.... any changes being made as it's rotating must be introduced relatively smoothly or it's motion becomes jerky or lurching. I have a solution installed on this model. I'll go into that in Stage Four of the analysis (on the blog). As far as looking into getting the mechanism itself to perform the periodic imbalancing action I currently perform by hand, I'll explain where I'm headed with that too, along with sycronizing and timing issues which have already been solved.... Emile

johnny874

Emile,
Tomorrow I'll e~mail you a private link to a video I made so,e time ago.
It just might help you. It is something
that performs work yet requires no energy.
With your build skills, hopefully it is something that will work for you. Needless to say, I am impressed with your work.

Jim

Aemilius

Most cool.... Send it to anglamarke@netzero.net or emile@anglamarke.com

Thanks for your interest, I'll be watching for more on the status of your build as it progresses, again good luck.... Emile