Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New generator patent using environment temperature to generate power

Started by RedEagle, June 26, 2013, 01:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do You Think this device will work?

Yes, definately
1 (10%)
Yes, but it needs changes
2 (20%)
not sure
4 (40%)
No, it can not work at all
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: June 29, 2014, 12:10:18 AM

RedEagle

Hello,

over 28 years ago I had an idea for a generator. In October 2011 I aplied for the patent and since the documents have been published now, I want to put the information here for all to discuss and maybe find people to support my invention.
Find all the infos at http://farislandllc.com (english/german) or follow on facebook http://facebook.com/Energiegenerator (german).

RedEagle

Engineer needed for construction and building of the prototype.

Do you want to support this project and become part of it?
Are you an experienced engineer, maybe retired?
Do you have skills and machines to build this generator?

If you do and want to make this world a better place, then contact me or answer here.
Please state what you could do and what you would expect as a reward.

LibreEnergia

Quote from: RedEagle on June 29, 2013, 09:07:18 PM
Engineer needed for construction and building of the prototype.

Do you want to support this project and become part of it?
Are you an experienced engineer, maybe retired?
Do you have skills and machines to build this generator?

If you do and want to make this world a better place, then contact me or answer here.
Please state what you could do and what you would expect as a reward.

I doubt any engineer (at least any one with any understanding of thermodynamics) would get involved. The process you describe in the patent simply will not work unless you have access to an environmental temperature gradient. The efficiency possible is determined by the difference temperature of the hot and cold reservoirs.

You cannot use a device  to 'manufacture' that temperature gradient and expect to extract uasable work. The energy involved in doing that is ALWAYS more than the energy available to be captured by utilizing the manufactured temperature gradient. (2nd Law of thermodynamics applies here. Entropy of the system as a whole increases)

forest

Quote from: LibreEnergia on June 29, 2013, 11:11:54 PM
I doubt any engineer (at least any one with any understanding of thermodynamics) would get involved. The process you describe in the patent simply will not work unless you have access to an environmental temperature gradient. The efficiency possible is determined by the difference temperature of the hot and cold reservoirs.

You cannot use a device  to 'manufacture' that temperature gradient and expect to extract uasable work. The energy involved in doing that is ALWAYS more than the energy available to be captured by utilizing the manufactured temperature gradient. (2nd Law of thermodynamics applies here. Entropy of the system as a whole increases)

With respect to all statement and with a humility , because I'm not an expert - you are wrong. It's not about manufacture the temperature gradient, it's a question if there is around a accumulated huge container having a higher temperature then the ambient background. To illustrate it imagine a big house perfectly insulated from the outside and with a big continuously working stove which keep it toasty warm inside. Now the thieft is outside in the cold winter and he is making a hole in the wall building  to get a warm air to keep himself warmed. The amount of energy and time required to do that is finite while the amount of heat obtained is not limited (stove in house is working 7/24).

To be more complete Nikola Tesla pointed to a few such examples much better explained then mine.

LibreEnergia

Quote from: forest on June 30, 2013, 02:30:45 AM

With respect to all statement and with a humility , because I'm not an expert - you are wrong. It's not about manufacture the temperature gradient, it's a question if there is around a accumulated huge container having a higher temperature then the ambient background. To illustrate it imagine a big house perfectly insulated from the outside and with a big continuously working stove which keep it toasty warm inside. Now the thieft is outside in the cold winter and he is making a hole in the wall building  to get a warm air to keep himself warmed. The amount of energy and time required to do that is finite while the amount of heat obtained is not limited (stove in house is working 7/24).

To be more complete Nikola Tesla pointed to a few such examples much better explained then mine.

With respect no, I am not wrong and I will use your own example to demonstrate why.

Let us assume we have the 'large perfectly insulated house with a stove inside' and backtrack a little to the point before the thief comes along and creates the hole.

We know, due the conservation of energy (the first law of thermodynamics is  re-statement of that) that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed from one form to another. Thus the stove is not 'creating 'energy. It is merely transforming it from one form, (chemical potential) to another,  heat.

Let's fast forward to the point where the stove runs out of fuel. Analysing the stove before that point is not important here. Thermodynamic devices of any kind have well known characteristics in converting a source of heat provided by combusting a fuel to work).

Once the fuel is exhausted, because the room is an adiabatic (perfectly insulated) container, eventually the heat from the stove becomes evenly distributed within the house.

At this point, even though the house contains a lot of heat energy we CANNOT use any of it to perform work. This is because the ability to do work is dependent on the DIFFERENCE in temperature between two points of reference.
'
Before the thief 'opens the hole', this is the 'AMBIENT' environment we have available to utilize to do work.

In such an environment we cannot, without introducing an external energy supply, create a temperature difference and then utilize that gradient to do the same or more work than the energy that was required to create the gradient. (2nd law of thermodynamics).

Now, you say, have the thief make a hole and energy will flow from the room to the environment. This is true of course as long as the temperature outside the house is lower than inside. While the temperature outside remains cooler than the inside we can use this differential to do work. Again this is of no real interest to us, as the characteristics of converting heat to work are well understood thermodynamically.

However, in doing this process What happens to the outside environment?.

It heats up. Eventually, given a large number of such houses and a immeasurably large but finite environment the temperature of every 'house' and every 'outside' reaches equilibrium and no further work is possible.

All of the above should serve to remind us that:

1. We need a temperature gradient to do work.
2. The efficiency of such a device is dependent on the difference in temperature of the gradient.
3. The characteristics and knowledge of what happens when we have such a gradient is well known to current science and engineering.
4. The device described in this patent application does not advance that knowledge.