Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How to convert a lead acid car battery to an ALUM Battery Part 1 to 7

Started by hartiberlin, August 21, 2013, 12:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartiberlin

Yeasterday I  tested the battery after being fully charged with a 35 Watts halogen bulb load.
After about 1.5 hours the voltage at the bulb was down to 3.82 Volts.

The stored energy in the battery was so only around 30 to 40 Watthours compared to normally 600 Watthours, what
a real lead acid 50 Ah battery can store with sufuric acid as the electrolyte.

Today I did further tests.

I used this time a 10 Watt Halogen lamp bulb as the load.

Since yeasterday 2 am up to today 8:40 pm, so 18:40 hours:minutes I charged the battery up with my other
older standard transformer based battery charger, which started at 2 am with about 6 amps and then at 8:40 pm still had 2 amps drawing from the charger..
It is a full wave bridge rectifier in this charger without cap, so it produces 100 Hz half-sine rectified pulses..

At 8:40 pm the voltage was at 13.5 Volts.
Then it let the battery stay open circuit for 35 minutes and then the voltage had dropped to:
11.69 Volt.

Then at 9:15 pm I connected the 10 Watt Halogen-lamp and the voltage was slowly dropping at this load.
AT 9:30 pm the voltage was 10.46 Volt.

At 10:15 pm the voltage was at 9.98 Volts still on the bulb load..

At 1:30 am the voltage was  8.16 Volts. Bulb still getting darker of course..

So finally now at 4:45 am the voltage was at  5.05 Volts and the current through the 10 Watts bulb was at 0.55 Ampere.

So at this last measurement the consumed power was at around 2.7 Watts.

So all in all the energy storage is not yet good..I think it needs more cycling to condition the plates better.

Also I need a 3 to 14 Volts  Wattmeter that can integrate the used up Watts over time and thus show me the used up Watthours of energy, so we can really see the correct used up energy at the battery load.

Any suggestions ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

profitis

@ stefan,im wondering if there will be any advantage to using alum. Its tiny acidity will deminish very quickly in the cell due to PbO2  + 4H+ +4e-. Its voltage will certainly drop faster.at some stage it may even go into alkaline territory then other weird reactions will begin to happen at the electrodes.

lightningengineer

Stefan

If you hope to 'condition ' the plates then you are ruining the process by charging to high amps.

Half amp at most.

ingyenenergiagep

I made an experience with Epsom salt and distilled water and an old 12V 12Ah (real 1Ah) battery.
I got bigger Ah-capacity(load: 12W 10W bulb) and lower voltage. The battery makes more HHO under normal voltage charging(14,4V), and need to check the level of electrolit often.

More Ah and lower voltage with old batteries.
I want higher voltage with more Ah-s. :-D

hartiberlin

Well,
yeasterday I  was out of my flat and disconnected  the Charger at midday . Back then yeasterday in the evening at 10 pm the voltage at the open circuit battery voltage was 11.26 Volts after the whole afternoon off not on the charger.

I then put on  the 10 watt halogen lamp load and let this load run again ...

Yeasterday morning as the Charger was still  charging the battery , the current was still about  2 amps and the battery was slightly gasing, so  in each cell always about  every second  a small bubble came up, so  not much gasing but some...

Yeasterday I also picked up again from the pharmacy 1 KG alum  what I ordered 2 days before ...

l will try the next day, when the capacity further remains low, increasing the concentration of alum in the battery further.

Thus  I will drain the whole alum water from the battery and then pour it into a saucepan and heat it , and add more pure alum to it...

Let's see then  if that does help ...

Have now also got each 600 grams of Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) and 600 grams of Glauber's salt (sodium sulfate).
So I will fill the next 2 battery tomorrow and post videos.

So now, at 2:00 am on the clock, the voltage at the 10 watt halogen bulb was down to 8.07 Volts, so after 4 hours and the current through it was 0.71 Ampere.

So that  was still 5.7 watts ... So the capacity of the battery, I would say gets better now... also the lamp still  lit pretty bright!

So, now at 6 o´clock AM the voltage dropped to 4.52 volts, and the current was 0.51 amperes at the 10 watt halogen bulb ...

Have now disconnected the lamp and re-connected the charger, which then pulled straight back almost 8 amps ...

So now slowly, the battery seems to be getting better in capacity ..

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum