Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Simple generator

Started by broli, October 01, 2013, 08:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shantaram

Hi kEho, instead of building  rotating machine, you can replace p magnets with c shaped electromagnet exited with 50/60 Hz supply.
shantaram

broli

Progress is still being made on this idea, I decided to pick this concept back up and finish what I started. I had ordered a custom cut toroidal core from China a while back and have most components ready for assembly.

gotoluc

Very cool Broli 8)

Maybe you can use my Bucking Field Reluctance Motor Design to turn your generator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeO9iM2-29o

It may be a perfect marriage ;)

Thanks for sharing

Luc

broli

Thanks gotoluc, I'll have to make sure it runs first before I can let it get married :) .

Meanwhile here's an interesting thought experiment. Take a sufficiently long solenoid with a ferromagnetic core inside of it. Get two magnets near it so they attract each other and close their flux path through the core of the solenoid. Now move one of them back and forth as to periodically increase/decrease the total amount of flux the solenoid is seeing in order to induce a voltage. This will give rise to a current if allowed to flow.

Now here's is the interesting bit. How is this induced current of this (arbitrary long) solenoid counteracting the movement of the reciprocating magnet? If you played with long solenoids before you'll know that their effect on anything (even a compass) is negligible near their middle. So where is the back-force, if any, coming from that tries to counteract the movement of the magnet?

gotoluc

Quote from: broli on November 25, 2015, 10:54:51 AM
Thanks gotoluc, I'll have to make sure it runs first before I can let it get married :) .

I understand ;) ... maybe later when she's ready.

Quote from: broli on November 25, 2015, 10:54:51 AM
Meanwhile here's an interesting thought experiment. Take a sufficiently long solenoid with a ferromagnetic core inside of it. Get two magnets near it so they attract each other and close their flux path through the core of the solenoid. Now move one of them back and forth as to periodically increase/decrease the total amount of flux the solenoid is seeing in order to induce a voltage. This will give rise to a current if allowed to flow.

Now here's is the interesting bit. How is this induced current of this (arbitrary long) solenoid counteracting the movement of the reciprocating magnet? If you played with long solenoids before you'll know that their effect on anything (even a compass) is negligible near their middle. So where is the back-force, if any, coming from that tries to counteract the movement of the magnet?

Yes, interesting things when cores get long. To bad eddy currents increase and PM flux spreads all over the core.
If you would be willing to make a video demo of it I would definitely like to see it.

Thanks for sharing

Luc