Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

DIY Taser for $5 (not OU but still cool)

Started by Poit, November 13, 2013, 11:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anomdeguerre

Quote from: TinselKoala on November 19, 2013, 04:33:42 AM
Just because something isn't illegal... that doesn't mean it's right, just as the fact that something IS illegal doesn't mean it's wrong. Around here, people "hunt" deer, by putting up a permanent blind and an automatic deer feeder. All year long the deer come to the unoccupied blind and eat at the feeder. Then, when deer season opens.... they discover that there is a "hunter" inside the blind with a high-powered rifle. This is legal... but in my opinion it is not hunting, it is slaughter, and it is not right or moral in any sense of the term. Same with stunning fish electrically. You need that food to feed your starving family, fine. Don't spend money on electronic gadgets then, and eat _all_ you kill. Otherwise you are no better than an animal. Worse, actually, since animals don't kill for fun.
Is it safe for us to assume that you don't buy your meat from the grocery store then? All meat at the grocery store comes from a slaughterhouse. Quit being such a bleeding heart. Life feeds on life. So it is, so it has always been. What is 'right' and 'moral' is subjective. Man is an animal.

TinselKoala

It's safe to assume, as you say, that you are someone who cares not about consequences for the future and are in some kind of tooth-and-claw competition for limited resources and will take all you can get, by whatever means you deem necessary, including killing everything in a pond so that you can easily have your next meal. Since THAT is what we, some of us, were talking about.
Why not fish with hand grenades then? Why not use trawls, killing everything so that you can have your few high-dollar fish in your catch? Why not "fin" sharks, since only the fins are worth selling? Kill dolphins along with your tuna, go ahead, it's your world and there are far more people who think like you do than who think like me.

I've noticed this about you "anomdeguerre". You contribute nothing, but you are willing to troll and stalk me whenever you can.

Moral relativism, the philosophy that you hypocritically espouse in your comment, ultimately means that the person or group with the most and biggest guns gets to decide what is "right" and imposes that upon everyone else ... and that is wrong.

Poit

Quote from: Farmhand on November 19, 2013, 05:02:44 AM
Hi Tinsel, I agree, I don't condone it's use either. I don't have one or intend to get one, I just mentioned there was such a thing is all, when I fish for Barramundi, I use a Cast net to catch live bait which is usually edible prawns but alive up to 6 inches long  ;) , (while watching for crocs), then use the live baits on a rod and reel, (I even return the live baits I don't use if I don't eat them myself), it's the challenge that makes it worth it for me. But I'm lucky, we have good fishing around here, hard not to catch good eating fish.

Although, the fisheries and government scientists use electric shock to stun fish to tag and release, I think they use around the few hundred volt mark but pulsed I think and use the boat hull and an anode to create a definite current path. And claim they do not harm the fish. But they have research and expensive equipment and training on how to use it.

Like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peSzPa-ynpk 

However this video below shows why numbskulls should not do it. He's lucky to be still alive. Probably still in pain. I hope he learned his lesson, I think he was using one of the alibaba ones. Maybe. He has no escape without help.

Warning: "GRAPHIC ELECTROCUTION" in this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liLjIIRW2SY

Cheers

P.S. Poit, I think it's ok to have a <5 mw laser sight. Not sure but you're probably right, I have a red dot laser sight for my bow, it's not very powerful so it's probably less than 1 mw.
it spreads quick too, cheap ebay one, but good enough for up to 20 meters in low light. Yes nanny state for sure, I'm glad I live in the bush "almost". At least we are allowed to make our own spirits and own a still ect. Pfft, I say allowed but I mean at least the nanny's don't freak out. I think it's ok to grow your own tobacco as well but only if it does not get sold or leave the property or given to minors ect ect. maybe not sure on that either but I did buy 1500 tobacco seeds, if you are in Oz I would suggest buy some form ebay I can link you an item or seller if you like, it might depend on where they come from, I got them from the U.S.A., I had no problems and it was declared. Having them and growing them are different things though. who know what madness the law says. I challenge anybody to read all the laws so they know what they cannot do.

sorry, it IS 1mW http://youtu.be/tNeyUacHuQo?t=16s

"At least we are allowed to make our own spirits and own a still" 
http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legislation/ActCompilation1.nsf/0/F20483DE5083F9BDCA2571A80006C3B1?OpenDocument

you might be right... but we can most definitly not sell the stuff... as refered to as "excisable goods" in the above link

"I think it's ok to grow your own tobacco"
sorry... at least in NSW, it is very crap
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ea190180/s28.html

EXCISE ACT 1901 - SECT 28  Only licensed producers to produce tobacco leaf etc.              (1)  A person who does not hold a producer licence must not intentionally produce material that is tobacco seed, tobacco plant or tobacco leaf knowing, or being reckless as to whether, the material is tobacco seed, tobacco plant or tobacco leaf.
Penalty: 
                     (a)  for tobacco seed or tobacco plant--2 years imprisonment or 500 penalty units; and
                     (b)  for tobacco leaf--2 years imprisonment or the greater of:
                              (i)  500 penalty units; and
                             (ii)  5 times the amount of duty, worked out under the regulations, being the duty that would be payable if the tobacco leaf had been manufactured into excisable goods and entered for home consumption on the penalty day.
Note:          See section 4AA of the Crimes Act 1914 for the current value of a penalty unit.
             (2)  A person who does not hold a producer licence must not produce tobacco seed, tobacco plant or tobacco leaf.
Penalty:  100 penalty units.
             (3)  Strict liability applies to subsection (2).

a penality unit is $110
so, 500 x 110 = $55,000

Poit

so.. to compare...

to own a single tobacco seed would get you $55,000 fine or 2 years prison (or both)...

and to have an out right illegal substance like LCD, its $2,200 and 2 years prison
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-610760.html?s=0dab0b93fbb75bf86f07a5ce9e8f6690

"Possession of this amount would result in a penalty of 20 Units and 2 years imprisonment."

Farmhand

Hi Poit, Thank you very much for the links. I'm going to keep them in mind, however I see them as "Acts of Parliament" relating directly and only to "Excise", I don't see them as laws. I think the Excise acts are about money/taxation without representation, if no money is involved then they will not care a hoot, unless they have something against me specifically.

Common Law is King unless we submit to commercial law willingly, not necessarily knowingly. We can reject it and request a trial by peers under common law.

If there is good reason not to grow tobacco then they should have stopped it before the seeds got to me as they were in fact "declared" as per their import protocols. The seed is now in my possession and unless I harm someone I commit no crime. If they take the seed from me they would be denying my of my possession, which is stealing and a crime under common law.  :)

Exercising these rights are not for the feint of heart, for those in difficult circumstances or those with others depending on them, it is up to us with little to lose to keep the oppression at bay. From Ebay.  ;)

I make my own spirits and I don't see why it needs to be sold, if you want some it is dead easy to do. My second ferment distillate came out at 65% ABV and tastes like Bundaberg rum, but it's a lot better, not so sickly sweet a flavor and very smooth considering the 130 proof. It tastes so good I can't bear to burn it even though I only take a medicinal drink occasionally.

I very much appreciate the heads up on the acts though. Handy to know for sure. Thank you.