Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

DIY Taser for $5 (not OU but still cool)

Started by Poit, November 13, 2013, 11:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmhand

Here's a site on defensive use of electrical devices, If I was to make one I would just call it something else and say it's use is for something else. And stick with the story. I have animals I could say it for control of animals it is perfectly legal to own a cattle prod which is almost a stun gun anyway, just bigger and work a little bit different. Now if I was to take up the use of one hand with anything when in danger it would need to be effective or it's a liability.

http://www.safersecurityinc.com/personal_security1.html

An electric fence for stock gives a shock into the Joules and really hurts but they are about 1.5 seconds apart so that the animal or person can safely disengage the fence before the second shock or at least the fence does not incapacitate the person or animal unless the person or animal actually gets caught up in the fence without shorting the live wire to ground.

I think there is a device called the "Alabama fishing pole" which is a box to electrocute fish in a pond. They do work. Bureaucrats in an office know little of what is right and what is wrong. I do what I think is right and I don't do what I think is wrong. That is mainly what I worry about.

Poit

Quote from: Farmhand on November 16, 2013, 04:36:00 PM
A Tazer is a firearm, it fires a round that projects the electrodes into the target, and it can also be used as a stun gun after the extended electrodes are removed.

A stun gun is different, a stun gun is not a firearm, a stun gun is a close quarters defensive tool, I would not rely on a stun gun to attack someone, it's not an offensive weapon.

Having said that, as far as I know they are illegal in a lot of places for most people. That is going by the laws made by criminals. However under common law no thing is illegal, unless it unnecessarily causes harm or loss to someone. If something is necessary to maintain your own safety do it I say.

Cheers

Here in Australia, just about anything 'fun' is illegal... hell! even laser pointers are illegal (over 1mW any ways, lets face it... 1mW and below is just lame! haha)....

Just off the top of my head, these are the things that are illegal that i hate being illegal
- ANY motorised scooters (you know the unregistered types)
- Green laser pointers
- Growing tobacco ($10,000 + 2 years in prison! meanwhile, its more or less a slap on the wrist for having marijuana!! conflict of interest much! stupid government)
- Pretty much any weapons, including self protection gear like pepper spray, stun guns, tasers, normal guns, you name it, its either illegal or close to impossible to get the right 'paper work' to own legit.

There are heaps more things illegal here that ought not be, but ill end my rant with saying that i do love australia, but lets not be fooled, its a freaking nanny state

poit

Poit

Quote from: TinselKoala on November 15, 2013, 08:31:02 AM
Hmm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyswatter#Electric_flyswatter

It looks to me like there are a couple of designs in use. I can't tell which one you've got from the video.

There is one that is just an oscillator charging a final capacitor through a single diode. This one will charge the capacitor to near the full output voltage of the oscillator/transformer which, as you measured, is several kilovolts total (but it looks like the cap is on one winding of the transformer so it won't get that high in total). The other one uses a 3 or 4 or even 5 stage Cockcroft Walton voltage multiplier on the output for even more voltage. The final capacitor in the device, either circuit, must be able to take this full voltage, or at least the voltage of one stage of the CW multiplier. The ones I see are using 630 volt poly film caps.

Can you tell which circuit you've got?

I can't really tell just by looking at the circuit board.. if i take a picture and post it, could you tell just from a picture?

Poit

TinselKoala

Quote from: Poit on November 19, 2013, 03:32:04 AM
I can't really tell just by looking at the circuit board.. if i take a picture and post it, could you tell just from a picture?

Poit
If you take and post a clear picture of each side of the circuit board I can probably work out the circuit from that. Also, if you can see markings or part numbers on the parts, that would be very helpful to know.

@Tito, and other "fishers": If you are using electric stunners to kill/catch fish.... I hope somebody makes you eat every single thing you kill in your pond. Every single thing. Because you are killing lots more than just a few fish. You may not think that is "wrong" and it may not even be illegal where you live. That doesn't make it right.

Just because something isn't illegal... that doesn't mean it's right, just as the fact that something IS illegal doesn't mean it's wrong. Around here, people "hunt" deer, by putting up a permanent blind and an automatic deer feeder. All year long the deer come to the unoccupied blind and eat at the feeder. Then, when deer season opens.... they discover that there is a "hunter" inside the blind with a high-powered rifle. This is legal... but in my opinion it is not hunting, it is slaughter, and it is not right or moral in any sense of the term. Same with stunning fish electrically. You need that food to feed your starving family, fine. Don't spend money on electronic gadgets then, and eat _all_ you kill. Otherwise you are no better than an animal. Worse, actually, since animals don't kill for fun.

Farmhand

Hi Tinsel, I agree, I don't condone it's use either. I don't have one or intend to get one, I just mentioned there was such a thing is all, when I fish for Barramundi, I use a Cast net to catch live bait which is usually edible prawns but alive up to 6 inches long  ;), (while watching for crocs), then use the live baits on a rod and reel, (I even return the live baits I don't use if I don't eat them myself), it's the challenge that makes it worth it for me. But I'm lucky, we have good fishing around here, hard not to catch good eating fish.

Although, the fisheries and government scientists use electric shock to stun fish to tag and release, I think they use around the few hundred volt mark but pulsed I think and use the boat hull and an anode to create a definite current path. And claim they do not harm the fish. But they have research and expensive equipment and training on how to use it.

Like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peSzPa-ynpk 

However this video below shows why numbskulls should not do it. He's lucky to be still alive. Probably still in pain. I hope he learned his lesson, I think he was using one of the alibaba ones. Maybe. He has no escape without help.

Warning: "GRAPHIC ELECTROCUTION" in this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liLjIIRW2SY

Cheers

P.S. Poit, I think it's ok to have a <5 mw laser sight. Not sure but you're probably right, I have a red dot laser sight for my bow, it's not very powerful so it's probably less than 1 mw.
it spreads quick too, cheap ebay one, but good enough for up to 20 meters in low light. Yes nanny state for sure, I'm glad I live in the bush "almost". At least we are allowed to make our own spirits and own a still ect. Pfft, I say allowed but I mean at least the nanny's don't freak out. I think it's ok to grow your own tobacco as well but only if it does not get sold or leave the property or given to minors ect ect. maybe not sure on that either but I did buy 1500 tobacco seeds, if you are in Oz I would suggest buy some form ebay I can link you an item or seller if you like, it might depend on where they come from, I got them from the U.S.A., I had no problems and it was declared. Having them and growing them are different things though. who know what madness the law says. I challenge anybody to read all the laws so they know what they cannot do.