Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Gravity Powered Generator With Gyroscope 'Sails'

Started by tim123, December 12, 2013, 11:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conradelektro

Quote from: tim123 on December 12, 2013, 04:14:56 PM
Hi Conrad,
  I'm confused... You say you understood the design, and then you went on a polemic about breaking the known laws of physics...

Which laws of physics do you think the design breaks? The design is totally within the rules of physics - as far as I'm aware.

I'm certainly not claiming to know better than the physicists - so I must ask you again - are you getting your threads confused? You seem to think this is related to the M Drive thread. Please review.

Regards
Tim

I wanted first to clarify the gyroscope because many people are not aware of the basics I tried to establish. Since your design involves gyroscopes I felt that this was on topic. (But may be you knew these basics, sorry.)

The rant about physical laws was a bit far off, but many people also do not understand that physical laws summarize observations. (May be you knew that, sorry.)

I wanted to go into precession later, but TinselKoala has saved me the work.

Precession is even more about these "support points" I was talking about. These intentional or unintentional fixed or at least friction points are the cornerstones of all misunderstandings in connection with gyroscopes and precession. Get this into your thinking and the gyroscope-precession muddle gets clearer, that is why I started there.

The way to understanding gyroscopes and precession is a long one and I wanted to start at the beginning, at the basics. But who wants to start at the beginning, that is so very boring. The hours one spends over textbooks to learn the basic facts of nature have to be avoided, who has the time for such nonsense. (Sorry, again a rant.)

Greetings, Conrad

tim123

Hi Conrad :)
  no problem... I've tried to set out the question as clearly as I can. I don't think there's any controversy that the generator would turn - gravity would act on the gyros - they're free to move down as hinged - so they would precess.

There are equations giving precession speed, but I couldn't find anything about torque.

The question remains - would there be a significant torque on the generator?

It's apparently conventional science that gyros convert the force of gravity into precession, so that would suggest they could be used to harvest gravitational energy...

conradelektro

Quote from: tim123 on December 13, 2013, 07:44:58 AM
It's apparently conventional science that gyros convert the force of gravity into precession, so that would suggest they could be used to harvest gravitational energy...

I might find the time to consult my books about that, it sounds interesting because it would not violate the "support points", one even would want a support point to lean against. The support point would be the means to harvest gravity. I am of course very sceptical but I have never heard that idea before (but I never went seriously into "precession").

But think, let's say it works: it would be a reactionless drive. One harvests the gravity of earth and then pushes against earth with that harvested force. I would not be concerned very much that earth will move out of her way, but let's say you do it on a small asteroid.

My hypothesis: if one can harvest gravity one has found a reactionless drive? It might not be very strong, because the gravity of a small asteroid is not high, but still. Gravity is a very weak force. I am getting a fright, suppose the Australians use 20 Million gravity harvesters and we in Europe do not, the earth will be pushed out of her bearings. Help! Help!

Greetings, Conrad

tim123

Hi Conrad,
  I really don't think it could be a reactionless drive mechanism... You do seem a bit obsessed with them ATM... ;)

Gyros do change forces' direction - so action and reaction aren't necessarily opposite. And that in itself is pretty cool.

I wonder if there's an electrical analog to a gyro?

I currently think this design would probably work - but it would need a lot of engineering to make practical... Not as much engineering as a nuclear power plant though...

lumen

I would think you would have better results with a device that uses two external independent forces to generate power.