Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Lenzless resonant transformer

Started by Jack Noskills, January 17, 2014, 04:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

verpies

Quote from: dieter on February 28, 2014, 07:52:05 PM
So, Verpies, let me get this straight, the scope shot says "OU"?
Yes, if it was a scopeshot of input power to some device under test, that had no other power supply.
Unfortunately, it is not a scopeshot of input power :(

I posted this scopeshot so other users would learn to look at the areas of the power waveform above and below the X-axis, and not at the amplitude of this waveform.

Magluvin

Quote from: verpies on March 01, 2014, 04:26:34 AM
Yes, this will work. too and it will avoid capacitive coupling.

Alternatively, such leakage detecting coil can be placed inside the toroid's hole (please make a pic of that configuration, too, for completeness and for the future).

Hey Verpies

Well, in the toroids hole, that is where all the action is. ;)   It might seem like leakage, but that is where the fields propagate from a primary to a secondary.  ;)

Mags

itsu

Quote from: Jack Noskills on February 27, 2014, 06:40:38 AM

By 'isolated' I mean electrically isolated. There was no picture of this in the pdf, I realised later that results were little better with separate LC-circuit.

Looking at your latest vid, remove signal gen and bulb from one secondary so result is electrically isolated LC tank. Second secondary with bulb remains the same.

If possible, current and voltage readings would also be interesting to see in the isolated LC. That reactive power should be reflected to the other secondary. But does output bulb now reduce reactive power circulating in the isolated LC ?

Ok,  back to the thread from Jack, i have removed the input bulb, and connected the FG to the L3 making it the primary coil as requested above.

We see no resonance peak in the Primary (L3) other then the V and I phases get lined up at the 65KHz mark which had a 185V peak yesterday.
We see a minor resonance peak of the left bulbless secondary around 85KHz and an even more smaller resonance peak at that same frequency for the
right secondary with bulb.

Severall voltage and current measurements where taken.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkdTL7vk_nU&feature=youtu.be

When removing capacitance on the L3 primary coil (till 3.5nF) causing it to resonate around 85KHz (secondary resonance frequency) starts the circus
again of peaking and dipping at resonance as we have seen before on the other coils when trying to match the resonance frequencies (not on video).

All very well explainable behaviour IMHO.

Regards Itsu

MileHigh

Itsu:

Thanks for some more great clips.  I think one of the big teaching things in those clips is to sweep the excitation frequency and then observe the amplitudes and phase relationships of the resultant waveforms.  Also, this should always be done with a sine wave and never be done with a square wave.

All:

I think another thing worth considering before making measurements is the architecture of the magnetic setup.  The merits or lack of merits should be discussed.  There is always the hope for the "secret sauce" and nobody can stop you from pursuing your tests with whatever configuration you want.  But at the same time, basic magnetic fundamentals should always be part of the discussion.

The setup has L1 typically as the input coil wrapped around the left half of the toroid.  Then you have L2 typically as the output coil wrapped around the right half of the toroid.  Then you have L3 wrapped around the entire toroid.

If L1 is connected to the function generator and L2 is connected to a load, then the toroid is acting like a regular transformer core and AC power flows from the function generator to the load.  In this case L3 sees "clockwise" flux through the bottom part of the toroid and "counter-clockwise" flux through the top part of the toroid.  The net flux that L3 sees is zero.  In the real world we know that there will not be perfect flux cancellation and as a result a very tiny net flux will be picked up by L3.

So in essence L3 is a "nonsense" coil that is illogically placed and does not really contribute to the operation of the magnetic circuit.  Similarly, when you connect the signal generator to L3 then the toroid sort of acts like a cylindrical core for L3.  In this case L1 and L2 will barely pick up a signal either, they are stuck in magnetic limbo.  It's only when you hit a resonance frequency can the feeble signals going into L1 and L2 start to show any amplitude.  But of course it is a "phantom resonance amplitude" because there is no usable AC power to speak of.

I am assuming that most or all of you were aware of this.  You see nonsensical magnetic configurations all the time on the forums.  Some people may not be aware of this.  To help them they should be pointed to some good instructional YouTube clips or a good web site, etc.

MileHigh

verpies

Quote from: Magluvin on March 01, 2014, 09:18:35 AM
Well, in the toroids hole, that is where all the action is. ;)   It might seem like leakage, but that is where the fields propagate from a primary to a secondary.  ;)
I am familiar with Distinti's works.
If his theory is correct then the voltage induced in the center solenoid will be independent from the load/current flowing in the secondary.