Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Statorless Generator, no field magnets

Started by Cadman, February 10, 2014, 01:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neo-X

Quote from: Cadman on February 15, 2014, 04:38:04 PM
A progress report, for anyone interested.

The first coil is a 5 pole made out of poster board and wound with 400 ft of #24 magnet wire, 9.2 ohm. The winding is N-S along the axis, all in the same direction from one pole to the next, like this VVVVV. Every other layer criss-crosses the previous one so 2 layers look like XXXXX.

Surprisingly the generator concept seems to be valid, but I made a mistake in the build. The steel shaft did not magnetize well and to make a long story short, it was weak and the bloch wall ended up being slightly off center of the coil windings instead of at one end. I think this caused the opposite ends of the coil to mostly cancel each other out, but it did produce 1.4 vac @ 1300 rpm which is encouraging.

My thoughts at this point are to replace the shaft with a non-magnetic one, hollowed out on one end to insert half of a N42 neo into the coil winding. That should fix the bloch wall problem and tells us if this idea is worth pursuing any further. If it is, I may try winding a coil like a dc motor, one complete pole at a time.

That's all for now.

Cheers

I see another great mistake here. You might thinking that the coil will generate a higher voltage than the tube. But if you think carefully you will realized that the tube and the coil will generate the same voltage. I know it was confusing but at first im also think the same. Also you should not criss-crosses the coil as the generated voltage will cancel in each other.

Cadman

Quote from: Neo-XI see another great mistake here. You might thinking that the coil will generate a higher voltage than the tube.

Tube? I'm confused. What tube are you referring to? All I have is a magnetic shaft with a coil on it.
And point noted about the coil winding. Thanks.

Neo-X

Quote from: Cadman on February 17, 2014, 11:32:34 AM
Tube? I'm confused. What tube are you referring to? All I have is a magnetic shaft with a coil on it.
And point noted about the coil winding. Thanks.

Im comparing the copper tube and your coil will produce the same voltage like the copper dics and spiral pancake coil will also produce the same voltage. You only increases the resistance of the circuit by using a coil so its much better to use a copper disc or a tube than a coil.

Cadman

Is this just theory of yours or are you building a device to test? That would be excellent.

My thinking may be all wrong but if the design succeeds in generating significant electricity then there are further possibilities to explore with coils. The first test was supposed to be a single wave winding, which I screwed up by using 5 poles instead of 6. The next will be a proper wave winding and if that works then there is the possibility of having 3 coils to generate 3 phase, and that can be rectified to dc with a minimum ripple if desired.

Underlying this whole idea is a generator that would not require more power to drive as the load increases from 0, only the power needed to overcome the mechanical losses from rotating the armature and the friction of the brushes.

Neo-X

Quote from: Cadman on February 18, 2014, 10:54:24 AM
Is this just theory of yours or are you building a device to test? That would be excellent.

My thinking may be all wrong but if the design succeeds in generating significant electricity then there are further possibilities to explore with coils. The first test was supposed to be a single wave winding, which I screwed up by using 5 poles instead of 6. The next will be a proper wave winding and if that works then there is the possibility of having 3 coils to generate 3 phase, and that can be rectified to dc with a minimum ripple if desired.

Underlying this whole idea is a generator that would not require more power to drive as the load increases from 0, only the power needed to overcome the mechanical losses from rotating the armature and the friction of the brushes.

It was based on from what i read on other experimenter and from my own opinion.

Like you im also making a high voltage lenzless generator but first im trying to figure out how can i remove the back torque so im experimenting on faraday disc generator hoping to break the secret. From what i understand you like to a make coil on wave a pattern but how it can help to remove the back torque?