Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Statorless Generator, no field magnets

Started by Cadman, February 10, 2014, 01:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neo-X

Does anyone know an actual experiment similar to this? I really like to know what is the result of the experiment.  ???

hanon

Quote from: Cadman on February 10, 2014, 01:18:24 PM

You have seen the videos showing how the magnetic field in a round bar magnet does not rotate when the bar is spun on its axis, haven't you?

Hi Cadman,

Could you provide the link to that experiment? I can not guess what you are refering to

Thanks

Cadman

Hi Guys,

Totally tied up with my everyday job right now...

@totoalas
Thanks for the tip, roobert33 has some very interesting videos indeed.

@Mags
It makes sense that the disk magnet would produce current. Lots of variations to try on this theme. I think that disturbing the field of a round bar magnet in any way by drilling holes in it, adding a frame or machining smaller end shafts on it will ruin the field effect. Just a theory at this point, we'll see.

@Farmhand
Yes, this is definitely a low volt high amp target, if the idea is viable. Slip rings on the shaft, at least for initial tests. BTW, In my eyes this has little to do with Faraday's disk.

@ Neo-X
As far as I can tell this is an original idea. So you guys get in on the ground floor. :D

@hanon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWO7O5hvzWE  Check out the larger disk towards the end of the vid :)

@all
Making some progress. The mag wire has arrived (good grief that stuff is expensive!!). I have some N52 neos from my magnetic motor that I intend to use to magnetize a 1" dia. 1018 steel bar for the shaft but still need to improvise or purchase some bearings and slip rings. It will be driven with a Goldmine 12V motor that is on hand.

Hopefully I'll have something this weekend if I'm lucky. I'll still be surprised if this actually works. 8)

Neo-X

Quote from: Cadman on February 13, 2014, 04:50:08 PM

@ Neo-X
As far as I can tell this is an original idea. So you guys get in on the ground floor. :D

In this fast few days i was thinking on this and i realized this was the same as the faraday disc generator. Assuming that the magnetic field is rotating as the magnet rotate, the external circuit cuts the magnetic field thus generating voltage in the output. In the case where the magnetic field is stationary, the rotating coil attached to the magnet cuts the magnetic field. So either theory will produce current but neither can explain why it doesnt produce back torque.

Cadman

A progress report, for anyone interested.

The first coil is a 5 pole made out of poster board and wound with 400 ft of #24 magnet wire, 9.2 ohm. The winding is N-S along the axis, all in the same direction from one pole to the next, like this VVVVV. Every other layer criss-crosses the previous one so 2 layers look like XXXXX.

Surprisingly the generator concept seems to be valid, but I made a mistake in the build. The steel shaft did not magnetize well and to make a long story short, it was weak and the bloch wall ended up being slightly off center of the coil windings instead of at one end. I think this caused the opposite ends of the coil to mostly cancel each other out, but it did produce 1.4 vac @ 1300 rpm which is encouraging.

My thoughts at this point are to replace the shaft with a non-magnetic one, hollowed out on one end to insert half of a N42 neo into the coil winding. That should fix the bloch wall problem and tells us if this idea is worth pursuing any further. If it is, I may try winding a coil like a dc motor, one complete pole at a time.

That's all for now.

Cheers