Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Overunity Battery-Powered Generator?

Started by MU4L, May 20, 2014, 06:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MU4L

Hello fellow overunity members! I have proposed a conundrum for you guys. First of all, I am a new member, I am twelve years old, and I love designing circuits. I have created this device that my family actually likes to use during power outages. It is no longer than the length of an ice tray, and no thicker than the depth of a loaf of bread. I believe it weighs somewhere around five pounds. I guess I am pretty proud of it. It works as a portable 120v AC 90W peak generator, I think it is around 15Wh (I might have calculated wrong). It can run a 60W CRT TV for about 15 minutes, and obviously a 15W appliance for one hour, which means a 20 watt relatively big LCD TV that I have for somewhere around 40 minutes, and so forth. But what it runs on is: drumroll please! ... Four nine volt batteries! It can also be charged up via the wall. I still wonder why I can't find very many people at all that have done anything similar. The circuit consists of, basically a 14.4V drill battery, an 150W inverter, and the drill battery is charged by four nine volt batteries wired like this: two groups of two nine volt batteries wired in series, to double voltage, and the two groups wired together in parallel, to double amperage. It goes through a three-amp blocking diode that gets hot to the touch when the batteries are in use. I cant imagine this thing needing more than a three amp diode. Basically it works by keeping the drill battery topped off, or even charged completely. You can use the batteries while under no load or under one. The batteries seem to be so powerful that when I was charging the drill battery under the 60W CRT TV load, it actually had overcome running the TV and started charging the battery while under the load! Under a 60W load, half an amp. Keep in mind guys this pretty non-efficient TV was running for fifteen minutes on four nine volt batteries! This circuit probably draws at least one amp from those batteries. Anyway, I'm going to stop babbling on and ask: what do you guys think?

gotoluc

Hi MU4L and welcome to the forum

I think it's hard to believe you're 12 years old and have been able to put together and describe such a circuit!... congratulation if this is true.

Can you tell us what inspired you to build this circuit? and post the schematic or link to it.

Thanks for sharing your work

Luc

TinselKoala

As they say... "Screenshot (or video) or it didn't happen....."
;)

Seriously, welcome and it sounds pretty neat. You should make a video to demonstrate your device.

MarkE

Back of the napkin:  4x9V alkaline batteries = 2240mAh * 8V average ~= 18Wh.  15Wh out is 83% efficient.  It's OK but not earth shaking.  For a 12 year old it is pretty darn good.

forest

hmm...  alkaline 9V batteries  560mAh ? maybe, but rechargable NiMh are only 200mAh rated