Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Fletcher's Wheel - Ingenuity verses Entropy

Started by fletcher, August 20, 2014, 07:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fletcher

My bad Mark .. somehow I forgot [brain fart] that the T-Bar in locked mode would not travel & rotate until the T-bar was upside down & symmetry regained, & be exactly horizontal again to be re-engaged with the Roberval balance Gearing System.

It was one of many ideas I tried with the basic Roberval System & perhaps I'll post up some others later.

P.S. I don't take this failure or myself too seriously - it's an interesting hobby most times but thanks for your comments.

Lumen described well why I'm interested in Roberval's - the apparent instantaneous changing of virtual CG.

MarkE

No problems.  I try to find my way to the crux of the matter, which in the case of gravity based machines always comes back to the conservative nature of gravity.

fletcher

Yes - in this case I was attempting to use gravity in combination with Cf's to transition the driver & reset.

Should anyone ever find an actual real work around to prove that gravity is not conservative [not path independent] in a wheel format then that will be the day the thinking caps come on again to work out where the excess momentum & Ke comes from.

Sharing ideas, even epic failures, just might spark an original line of thought for someone.

In this case Entropy won again.

lumen

Fletcher,
Gravity is a unidirectional field and prevents an important function of roberval action.
I have switched to using magnetic fields with a roberval movement and was able to design a PM oscillator device that operates in a SIM.

It would have been nice to have some rotary type PM device, but the reciprocating design seems to operate in the SIM and should be an endless operation.
Of course it is only in the SIM and until a real device is built that's where it sits.

fletcher

I said in other threads on BW.com that I thought I had found something interesting.

See the pics & the wm2d file to see what I mean.

The RBGS in pendulum form has the same MOI regardless of where the sliding mass is anchored on the horizontal.

Obviously the the pendulum pivot circles around the CoR - the mass located on the RBGS follows a different path, at one time farther away than the other from the actual CoR for the pendulum.

You might expect the location of the mass & its distance from the CoR to effect the MOI of the pendulum, wouldn't you ?

In normal mass placements the farther from the CoR the greater the MOI.