Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Is there an easy way to delay an AC signal?

Started by rukiddingme, November 26, 2014, 06:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rukiddingme

I have different AC sources from windmill generator coils that are out of phase. Is there an easy way to get them into phase?

MarkE

Quote from: rukiddingme on November 26, 2014, 06:38:08 AM
I have different AC sources from windmill generator coils that are out of phase. Is there an easy way to get them into phase?
The straight forward method is to have each windmill drive a DC bus, and then perform DC to AC conversion.  DC to AC converters designed for grid tie synchronize to the utility automatically.

Are you grid tied or isolated?

rukiddingme

It is an isolated system.

I'm not clear on what you said. Are you saying that I should take the AC outputs of the coils and
full wave bridge them to DC, then combine them, then convert them back to AC?

I want DC as the final output.

I want to take different AC outputs and bring them into phase then convert to DC.

If I convert each AC output to DC then combine them I lose a bunch with each conversion.
I would like to bring all the AC signals into phase then convert to DC as final output.

Is that possible?

To make a simple example for me, if I have two coils and they are slightly out of phase; is there an easy way to put them into identical phase?

MarkE

Quote from: rukiddingme on November 26, 2014, 10:57:38 PM
It is an isolated system.

I'm not clear on what you said. Are you saying that I should take the AC outputs of the coils and
full wave bridge them to DC, then combine them, then convert them back to AC?

I want DC as the final output.

I want to take different AC outputs and bring them into phase then convert to DC.

If I convert each AC output to DC then combine them I lose a bunch with each conversion.
I would like to bring all the AC signals into phase then convert to DC as final output.

Is that possible?

To make a simple example for me, if I have two coils and they are slightly out of phase; is there an easy way to put them into identical phase?
Conversion of AC from N sources to DC you just need AC to DC power converters that current share.  These are available off the shelf from industrial suppliers.  If you wanted AC as the final output from multiple AC sources, then you need a frequency reference, which can be one of the sources and an MPPT controlled power converter for each of the sources that is not a reference.