Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Reboot: Is the "delayed Lenz effect" real or just a misunderstanding?

Started by MileHigh, December 22, 2014, 03:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

Quote from: gotoluc on December 25, 2014, 09:54:49 PM
That's an excellent question Bard!... Just yesterday I found power calculations issues when using different resistive loads and it was only between 1 and 12.5 Ohms
What I found is a higher resistive value seemed to yield a better power efficiency.

Luc

It's actually a rather bizarre question and hopefully Brad will explain himself further.  It's a topic that would never be mentioned in an electronics lab because on face value it doesn't make sense.  MarkE discussed transmission line effects related to wavelength/frequency and the relative permeability and relative permittivity of the line affecting the propagation speed but I somehow doubt that was related to what Tinman was discussing.

Meanwhile, you called me a liar and I take serious issue with that.  You used ridiculous contorted logic to make that allegation that doesn't even make sense.  I gave a full reply to your false allegation in posting #5 on this very thread.  I suggest that you read it.  There are other issues discussed there also pertaining to you that you should seriously consider.

If you decide to play invisible in plain sight and not acknowledge this, that's your choice.  Do not falsely allege that I am a liar again, especially with the kind of nonsensical logic like you used recently.

MileHigh

MarkE

Quote from: TinselKoala on December 25, 2014, 10:58:25 PM
As MarkE points out:
So if your resistors are the same type, they should both have the same transmission speed (the speed of light in that medium) and their actual resistance value should make no difference, if their effective lengths are the same.
Theoretically there is a small difference:  propagation through larger value SMT resistors should be slightly faster than through smaller value resistors of the same package size.  The differences for common SMT sizes are in femtoseconds.  The reason for the difference is that the larger value resistors will have more of the field in the air above the resistor than smaller value resistors where more of the field is in the eR ~= 10 of the alumina, and the eR ~= 4 - 5 of the printed circuit substrate.

Pirate88179

MH:

Tinmans' question actually makes sense to me given your water analogy with electricity.  I am going out on a limb here a bit but...consider a water hose of say, 3/4" dia connected to a garden spigot.  Say the hose is 10 foot long.  Turn the spigot on, and based upon the pressure provided by the water company (voltage, right?) and given the I.D. of the hose you get "X" amount of water output/minute. (Amperage or power)  The water will also flow at a given velocity that is easily calculated (not by me) given the above parameters.  Call this velocity "V".  It is fixed for this configuration unless something is changed.

Now, let us pinch this hose and restrict the flow.  This increases the pressure but restricts the flow.  It also increases the velocity of the water.

Now I know that resistors do not increase the pressure (amperage) but isn't the pinched hose an analogy of a resistor?  If so, it would increase the velocity of the "flow" which makes Tinman's question make sense to me.

Perhaps my analogy is flawed somewhere and does not fit with your water analogy.  I am not seeing in this case how a resistor can restrict the flow of amperage without increasing the voltage (pressure) and the velocity (speed of flow) as in my above example.

Please excuse my ignorance, but the good news is that I was trained to see electricity as analogous to the flow of water, so, I just need to fill in a few holes in my understanding.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

MileHigh

Quote from: MarkE on December 25, 2014, 11:28:41 PM
Theoretically there is a small difference:  propagation through larger value SMT resistors should be slightly faster than through smaller value resistors of the same package size.  The differences for common SMT sizes are in femtoseconds.  The reason for the difference is that the larger value resistors will have more of the field in the air above the resistor than smaller value resistors where more of the field is in the eR ~= 10 of the alumina, and the eR ~= 4 - 5 of the printed circuit substrate.

That blew some fuses in some heads!  lol   Next thing you know you will be talking about "light pancakes" being emitted by pulsed lasers.

MileHigh

Bill:

No your example is not good, so let me give you a better example.   Certainly the idea of a hose being pinched acting like a resistor is correct in principle, but we will put that aside for a better and simpler example.

See the attached pic of an in-line particle filter.  That is a 'much purer' form of a 'water resistor.'   It's evident that here is no pinching of the hose or increased velocity.  It will give off heat just like an electrical resistor.

MileHigh