Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Advanced and Delayed magnetic field's.

Started by tinman, December 27, 2014, 05:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

Quote from: MarkE on January 01, 2015, 03:00:34 PM
I think that this will help:  http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/ParticleAndNuclear/photon_mass.html

Thanks Mark.  I see that they are making a very important distinction between "mass" and "rest mass", otherwise, their formulas are problematic.(according to them)   Also, I see that is very difficult to measure the mass of a photon at rest, probably impossible.

Sorry for the off-topic posts here but this is very interesting.

Thanks,

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

MarkE

Quote from: Pirate88179 on January 01, 2015, 03:11:22 PM
Thanks Mark.  I see that they are making a very important distinction between "mass" and "rest mass", otherwise, their formulas are problematic.(according to them)   Also, I see that is very difficult to measure the mass of a photon at rest, probably impossible.

Sorry for the off-topic posts here but this is very interesting.

Thanks,

Bill
Rust never sleeps and photons never rest.

dieter

Tinman, thanks for the on-topic answer.

BR

NoBull

Quote from: Pirate88179 on January 01, 2015, 01:54:38 PM
In college we learned that photons have "mass" as proved by some university experiments in the 70's.  (I do not recall which one)
The circularly polarized ones transfer measurable momentum on impact.

tinman

Quote from: MarkE on January 01, 2015, 03:00:34 PM
I think that this will help:  http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/ParticleAndNuclear/photon_mass.html
I dont think it helps at all.

Quote: In classical electromagnetic theory, light turns out to have energy E and momentum p, and these happen to be related by E = pc.  Quantum mechanics introduces the idea that light can be viewed as a collection of "particles": photons

Quote: Is there any experimental evidence that the photon has zero rest mass?
Answer quote: Alternative theories  of the photon include a term that behaves like a mass, and this gives rise to the very advanced idea of a "massive photon".

Quote: It is almost certainly impossible to do any experiment that would establish the photon rest mass to be exactly zero.

Quote: Likewise, the behavior of static magnetic fields would be modified.  An upper limit to the photon mass can be inferred through satellite measurements of planetary magnetic fields.  The Charge Composition Explorer spacecraft was used to derive an upper limit of 6 × 10−16 eV with high certainty.   This was slightly improved in 1998 by Roderic Lakes in a laboratory experiment that looked for anomalous forces on a Cavendish balance.  The new limit is 7 × 10−17 eV.  Studies of galactic magnetic fields suggest a much better limit of less than 3 × 10−27 eV, but there is some doubt about the validity of this method.

So we have theories and ideas based around the impossable to messure.
Next comes a change to the certain upper limit,and we have a new limit.
Then there was more studdies,and along came a much better limit,but this much better limit has some doubt about the validity of the test.

It is great to see that science and physics is soooo precise

So you see Mark,all your knowledge is based around only theories,ideas and the impossable to messure.