Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

crystal radio: the first real free energy device

Started by franco malgarini, February 16, 2015, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

telecom

Not trying to be a buzzkill here or anything, but it would be great if we could bring this back to the topic of designing/building/testing/modifying crystal radios and experimenting with the main components in said devices without running off on wild tangents, untested theories and various other devices that have very little to do with crystal radios.  If two or more people are interested in following up on any various ideas not closely related to the crystal radio, another thread can always be started and linked to in this thread. 

I personally, along with several others I'm sure, have not yet learned very much about crystal radios and their operation and would very much like to do so.  I know to some of you this seems like child's play and you are bored with it, but many people aren't and would love to learn more.  Of course this is just a suggestion since I in no way have any control over what's said and done in this forum.

Perhaps you should join a crystal radio forum in this case?
We here are trying to apply the above radio to produce some energy.

[/quote]

Brian516

Quote2: using a standard Tesla coil as a load is just going to draw off the main supply,

This is not the case, they use it as an antenna.

Thus far, the only time I have seen a Tesla coil used as an antenna successfully is when there is a transmitter matched to it's frequency, like the experiments done by kdkinen (youtube name) and others that are scale model Tesla Magnifying Transmitter systems.  Do you know of anyone who has been able to use a TMT style receiver to pick up energy from random sources, and/or the aether? Or is that what you intend to try and accomplish? 
That would be quite an achievement.  Sounds to me like it would involve loads of calculations in order to figure out the exact specs to build the coil for to receive a specific frequency or range of frequencies, and also testing to figure out what is the most energetic frequency or range.. 

Pirate88179

OK, so I have this nice loop antenna I built some years back.  It is hooked up to my stereo receiver and works great.  I wanted to use this,
or make another one like it, for my crystal radio I just made a few days back.

My question is...when I hooked it to my receiver, the radio had 2 inputs for an AM antenna.  I had 2 wire ends from the loop antenna...easy.

On my crystal radio, I have one connection for an antenna.  The loop antenna has 2 ends.

I read online that one end of the loop should go to ground.  Easily done as I have a ground connection on my crystal radio.  But, I also read that I should simply tie the two ends of the wires coming from the loop ant. and hook up to my single antenna connection on my crystal radio.

Which way is correct?

I am leaning toward the grounding idea, although, if one uses a long antenna strung between trees, one end is open and the other attached to the radio and no ground.

Very confusing.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

telecom

Quote from: Brian516 on March 17, 2015, 07:37:04 PM
Thus far, the only time I have seen a Tesla coil used as an antenna successfully is when there is a transmitter matched to it's frequency, like the experiments done by kdkinen (youtube name) and others that are scale model Tesla Magnifying Transmitter systems.  Do you know of anyone who has been able to use a TMT style receiver to pick up energy from random sources, and/or the aether? Or is that what you intend to try and accomplish? 
That would be quite an achievement.  Sounds to me like it would involve loads of calculations in order to figure out the exact specs to build the coil for to receive a specific frequency or range of frequencies, and also testing to figure out what is the most energetic frequency or range..

This youtube video suggests attaching a wire to the secondary of the tesla coil to use it as an extended antenna to be able to pick up charged ions from the air - this concept was suggested by Tesla himself in his radiant energy patent.
Regards

Brian516

Quote from: Pirate88179 on March 17, 2015, 08:01:30 PM
OK, so I have this nice loop antenna I built some years back.  It is hooked up to my stereo receiver and works great.  I wanted to use this,
or make another one like it, for my crystal radio I just made a few days back.

My question is...when I hooked it to my receiver, the radio had 2 inputs for an AM antenna.  I had 2 wire ends from the loop antenna...easy.

On my crystal radio, I have one connection for an antenna.  The loop antenna has 2 ends.

I read online that one end of the loop should go to ground.  Easily done as I have a ground connection on my crystal radio.  But, I also read that I should simply tie the two ends of the wires coming from the loop ant. and hook up to my single antenna connection on my crystal radio.

Which way is correct?

I am leaning toward the grounding idea, although, if one uses a long antenna strung between trees, one end is open and the other attached to the radio and no ground.

Very confusing.

Bill

Im kind of wondering the same thing.. I have a length of 3-pair telephone wire pulled across the ridgeline of my roof and into the room,and I did not connect the wire ends on the far end at all.  On the basic variometer setup, my end of the telephone wire goes directly to the single connection for an antenna. However, if I want to add an antenna matching capacitor, am I to split up the wires to 3 and 3, run one to each side of the cap, and one of those also to the antenna in on the variometer? If I do this, do I need to go up on the roof and connect all the wire ends together so it acts as a loop, making the two connections I have inside act as the ends of a loop? Or does this not really matter?   (I guess I am about to find out!!)    I will let you know what happens with these experiments, but I'm going to have to wait until morning to go on the roof and make connections at the other end.

I am considering making a spider web style antenna out of some of the 40' of solid silver wire that I have, and then coating it with fiberglass resin or epoxy. Kind of want to design something incorporating golden ratio/angles.