Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New Aluminium Battery hast he qualities of a real breakthrough

Started by markdansie, April 07, 2015, 09:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

I read an article years ago about a hypothetical system for cars.  Your car would have a big aluminum battery that might last a month (I think).  Then you would drive to a shop and they would swap out your expended battery for a fresh one.  The expended battery would be recharged at the shop with specialized equipment.

That sounds pretty reasonable.  I would not be surprised that if you did a little digging you would find a dozen or more "aluminum battery breakthrough" stories over the past five years.  Hopefully one day a viable system will reach commercial production.

You just have to put on your engineering hat for the issue of fast charging for aluminum cell phone batteries.  You could redesign the battery pack and put a big rectangular contact on each side of the battery that's say six square centimeters in size.  Then your high current charging is not an issue.

You are at Starbucks and you want to recharge your battery.  With this phone the thin rectangular battery is pushed into a slot and clicks into place like some giant SD memory card.  You pop out the battery and you insert it into the slot of a battery charging machine.  As it is drawn into the slot a roller wipes the two contacts clean.  You wait a minute and the fully charged battery pops out and then you slide it back into your phone.  The smart high-current charger does not over charge your aluminum battery and then does a wireless debit charge to - your phone.  That incentivizes some bars and restaurants to offer free instant charging to attract customers.  (And collect junk email addresses!)

Paul-R

Quote from: MileHigh on April 09, 2015, 10:48:56 AM
Your car would have a big aluminum battery
Some car bodies are themselves aluminium. The battery could be integral.

profitis

'Some car bodies are themselves aluminium. The
battery could be integral'

let's hope the breaks system isn't part of that integral

profitis

Mile:' read an article years ago about a hypothetical
system for cars.  Your car would have a big
aluminum battery that might last a month (I think)'

Forget about this just use a continuous aluminum/air fuel cell.when you finish your beer just dump the can in the hood and that gives you an extra 2miles.replace the caustic soda electrolyte once a month

minnie

I can just imagine you integral car as a heap of white dust !!