Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Excess power from plants

Started by markdansie, May 12, 2015, 09:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markdansie

Charge your phone from your pot plant?[/font][/size]
This one claims a lot of energy from a single plant, so its proberbly lost in translation.
If its possible its a great breakthrough but most likely a bust given past research in this field requiring over 100 square meters to get the same power output.

Good to see young people thinking out of the box

I see in the vido they are just plugging into the soil nearby the plant I am sure "Pirate" will have a lot to say about this.

http://revolution-green.com/new-e-kaia-technology-harvests-excess-energy-from-plants/

Kind Regards
Mark

Paul-R

Sounds like another "electrolytic in disguise" invention.

There is a more interesting development involving trees as some sort of aerial. I was going to chop down a nuisance tree in the garden and am having second thoughts.

profitis

All plants contain fuels known as fructose/galactose/mannitol/starch etc

Pirate88179

Quote from: markdansie on May 12, 2015, 09:42:29 AM
Charge your phone from your pot plant?[/font][/size]
This one claims a lot of energy from a single plant, so its proberbly lost in translation.
If its possible its a great breakthrough but most likely a bust given past research in this field requiring over 100 square meters to get the same power output.

Good to see young people thinking out of the box

I see in the vido they are just plugging into the soil nearby the plant I am sure "Pirate" will have a lot to say about this.

http://revolution-green.com/new-e-kaia-technology-harvests-excess-energy-from-plants/

Kind Regards
Mark

Finally, a Power Plant.

Sorry, I could not help myself.  But seriously, those electrodes in that device (whatever it is) are not very big and not far apart so, if they can charge a cell phone from it, they are doing better than my large earth battery which uses a huge carbon rod and a 5 pound block of magnesium spaced 20 ft. apart.  The best they could do using galvanic action alone would be about 1.7 volts at very low mA's.  I did note that the soil in most of the pots they were using looked pretty dry, which is the same soil conditions I get my best results with the E.B.

Maybe a decent sized supercap in that device, and a JT type circuit and what they don't tell us is that it has been charging up all night in the dirt and then, you stick it in a pot and it charges your phone.  My guess is that it would still charge that phone while sitting on the table in the open...but...i have no idea really.

Hopefully, we will find out more about this.  I can not see how those small plants do anything in the process as I can only get about 1 volt from a large tree. (With very, very low mA's)

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Pirate88179

Quote from: Paul-R on May 12, 2015, 09:54:36 AM
Sounds like another "electrolytic in disguise" invention.

There is a more interesting development involving trees as some sort of aerial. I was going to chop down a nuisance tree in the garden and am having second thoughts.

Paul:

Check your tree using a dmm set on dc volts.  Stab one probe into the tree and the other into the soil near the tree.  All of the trees here I have tried have a negative voltage of about 1 volt.  In other words, to get a positive reading on the DMM, I have to place the minus probe into the tree and the plus probe into the ground.  The ground is positive in this case and it really astounds me.  I have been trying for about 4 years now to get someone else to try this to see if all trees are negative, or just over here in my area.

Please try this and report you findings.

Thanks,

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen