Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Permanent magnet motor

Started by Jim36, May 18, 2015, 01:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ayeaye

I'm afraid that you don't understand it correctly. You seem to mix two things, the induction of a magnetic field around the wire, due to moving charged particles, the left hand rule, which is induction of magnetic field from an electrostatic field. And the force moving the electric motor, which is only an interaction between magnetic fields. And as much as i understand, this works only because the field lines around the wire which go to the right direction, are closer to the pole of the permanent magnet, until the wire reaches the pole that is. When the wire is at the pole as on your drawing, as much as i understand there is no force, and the direction of the dc current has to be switched at that moment.

Yes the law of induction, but the voltage generated is used the right way, due to the diode. Because what happens in most circuits, is that every time there would be fast oscillations between the coil and the capacitor, which finally settle in the state where no excess energy from the voltage pulse is gained, and all that is lost to heat in wires. The diode prevents that. No, a joule thief does not prevent that either. And this is about the initial voltage peak, not the back emf of the coil, when making it like this, there would be no significant back emf.

I prefer using the most basic principles, to also have the best theoretical foundation. Instead of any advanced devices.

phoneboy

Your premise might work if you could encapsulate a circular magnetic field but it would only turn 180 degrees then lock right??

Jim36

Hi Ayeaye,

My thoughts are whenever a ccc (current carrying conductor) comes into a magnetic field, there will be force acting on the conductor and on the other hand, if a non-current carrying conductor is forcefully brought into a magnetic field, there will be an induced current in that conductor. In both of the phenomenon's, there is a relation between external stator magnetic field, current (which is coupled with a magnetic field) and force. This relation is directionally determined by Fleming Left Hand rule and Fleming Right Hand rule respectively. See first picture attached.

To further understand, a commutator is not required for a homopolar motor.. see video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=54&v=wUqbvHOW6Us and picture of homopolar motor showing force line interaction. This is the principle for my motor as the magnets will constantly be forced at rightangles to the stator magnetic field (see my original pdf of simple motor layout).

Hi Phoneboy, see above video link to see if that explains why it wont lock at 180 degrees.

Thanks

shylo

Hi Jim, in that last pic with the battery ,it shows current going into the page on the left ,and coming out of the page on the right. Since the current is flowing in opposite directions the arcs should be opposite no?
artv

ayeaye

Jim36,

It seems that what you say is true, but it doesn't work for me with permanent magnets, no way.

I put a big cylinder magnet vertical, near my disc, so that both poles were almost the same distance from the edge. Then i put two small cylinder magnets on the disc, sidewise, so that the field lines cross 90 degrees like you showed. There seemed to be more rotation in one direction than the other, which shouldn't be, but i didn't do any measurements. No continuous rotation.

And when i already tried things, i tried to put the magnets on the disc so that their axes were parallel with the disc axes. So the field lines of the rotor and stator magnets were parallel. And weirdly, the effect was even greater, more rotation in one direction, that is. But i didn't measure anything either. And no continuous rotation of course. These things, magnets, are weirder than we think. Whatever understanding we have, it is likely an approximation.

I know that Faraday made a homopolar motor. Why does it exactly work, i don't know, it is a weird thing. Too complex for my simple mind, i prefer to think about simpler things.