Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

2n3055 transistor question

Started by TheOne, July 19, 2015, 11:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Void

Quote from: TinselKoala on July 19, 2015, 12:54:41 PM
But Mark... the 2n3055 is a "magic" transistor. If you get a genuine one (as opposed to the fake Chinese ones with tiny dies inside probably from a 2n2222) they can do wonderful things that seem to be way beyond their published specs. Perhaps the OP wants to see these miraculous effects, and perhaps his aesthetic sense requires that they be on the common heatsink.

That was completely uncalled for TK. The guy just asked a simple question.
Ignorant condescending and insulting comments such as you made here are of no help whatsoever.

MarkE

Quote from: TheOne on July 19, 2015, 12:50:30 PM

thank for your reply!

More explanation: actually I test with 5v + led and resistor, the coil stuffs is not done yet, but I have the problem with the LED so I guess the coil version would not work :)

I don't need a lot of amp since it is used for MEG input coil, I want higher voltage and low amp and all my circuit is powered by a raspberry pi2 GPIO 5v.

But about this transistor, I dont want to buy mofset and wait 2-3 weeks to continue to work on my circuit.

Can I use my transistor, if yes, they need to be insulated from the heat sink and each collector are managed like this new circuit diagram? I dont quite understand your pre-driver  stage :)
If you don't need to support fast switching or significant current then you don't need a heat sink.

Parts from Digikey or Mouser can be had the next day.  If you want cheap shipping and you are in the USA, USPS priority mail shipping is usually about $7. and will typically arrive in 2 business days.

The diode needs to go across the inductor:  cathode to the +side of the coil when driven, and anode to the - side.  UF2001 diodes are cheap as are a bunch of other available diodes.  Even a modest sized coil can kill a beefy transistor if the inductive kickback is not clamped.

TheOne

Quote from: TinselKoala on July 19, 2015, 12:54:41 PM
It's too bad he's not my neighbor, I just checked my stash and I have more TO-3 mica insulators and mounting kits than I'll ever use in my lifetime.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-sets-TO-3-Transistor-Mounting-Hardware-Kits-Mica-Insulator-Screws-Bushings-/251202298797

I was watching this yestruday (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TO-3-Mica-Insulator-50-x-Mica-sheet-100x-Nylon-bushing-2N3055-3773-Free-Shipping-/161541288294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259c9c7166)

I guess I need to buy some to continue my experiment :(

so If I use them I should not have any issue with my transistors.

I want to use this transistors because I have a lot of them and need to be used on a project :)

MarkE

Quote from: Void on July 19, 2015, 01:03:03 PM
Ignorant condescending and insulting comments such as you made here are of no help whatsoever.
2N3055's were once a big work horse.  These days there are for most all applications better choices.  I think that the SparkFun board is a good choice.  He would get multiple channels so if he blows up one, he can just use another.They use decent MOSFETs and it fits an Arduino (not Rasberry Pi).  I am sure there is something similar for RPs around.

TinselKoala

Quote from: Void on July 19, 2015, 01:03:03 PM

On the contrary, I am perfectly serious and I am, as you see, encouraging the OP to use that transistor. Can you deny that many people use the 2n3055 in various projects, and that it will work when other similarly-rated transistors won't?

Here's my own current favorite "magic" 2n3055 project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgndINJHnd0