Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How to make a magnet (ball or disc) rolling a long distance, simple device.

Started by bikelight, October 01, 2015, 08:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikelight

Hi

Thanks for everone and suggestions. 

1.  I cannot tell where is a pole of the magnet when magnet is rolling.  If it is a ball magnet,  it will self-spinning (right or left turning all working.)

2.  To make it continues rolling, the main problem is how to release  the last big metal piece from the magnet and let the magnet starts a new round. 

3.  I am thinking about to test the system using a super-conduct coil (as a super powered magnet ball).  If a magnet's force is very stronge,  the narrow triangle sheet can be extended very long,  for example 100 meters or more.  then it can be used to push object from A to B.  But I do not have the equipment to do this test.

I also attached another picture of possible shape of the narrow triangle sheet.

SoManyWires

Quote from: bikelight on October 03, 2015, 09:00:51 PM
Hi

Thanks for everone and suggestions. 

1.  I cannot tell where is a pole of the magnet when magnet is rolling.  If it is a ball magnet,  it will self-spinning (right or left turning all working.)

2.  To make it continues rolling, the main problem is how to release  the last big metal piece from the magnet and let the magnet starts a new round. 

3.  I am thinking about to test the system using a super-conduct coil (as a super powered magnet ball).  If a magnet's force is very stronge,  the narrow triangle sheet can be extended very long,  for example 100 meters or more.  then it can be used to push object from A to B.  But I do not have the equipment to do this test.

I also attached another picture of possible shape of the narrow triangle sheet.

that is very interesting.

the magnet running off towards a greater metal surface area.

ya, that is a good idea seeing how long of distance can be achieved for the magnet to travel.
maybe the difference in the ramps diameter can be as gradient as possible to run a distance of 100 meters
though that does seem like its asking alot, could it do 2 meters?

the metal ramp also should be as flat as possible especially at the starting point,
if you have a laser pointer and a level,
or just roll a bearing on the floor to find out how correct to being a flat level surface there is to work with before fixing the ramp into place for testing.
also the other good suggestion mentioned above by someone else,
with the overlapping ramps, being that the greater metal surface tapers off in place of the next oncoming ramp with the magnet kept on a proper flat surface above the ramps.

congrats on the cool contact free bicycle lighting system too!

all the best

Pirate88179

Well, I tried out my neo spheres on a pair of large tweezers, which was the only metal shaped as required available and...
the spheres jump right on up to the wide part...traveling about 3" in my case and also, spinning as it moves just like in his video.

I think I understand why it moves toward the thicker/wider metal but, I have no explanation for why the neo spheres spin like they do?
I suppose I could mark the pole orientation on my spheres and try launching them facing differently at the start and see if they still always spin?

This is a lot of fun to watch while experimenting.  So simple yet...something very complex is happening here I am sure.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

bikelight

yes,  I also hop expert in this field can explain why the ball magnet is self-spinning ans sametime rollling towards wide end.