Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Fourth Fundamental Passive Circuit Element

Started by gravityblock, March 02, 2016, 12:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nink

Quote from: gravityblock on March 02, 2016, 11:37:00 PM
No, I'll prove you wrong right now, and not in 10 years.  You are worst than wrong as always, lol.

Researchers have developed a new kind of neural circuit that uses memristor technology to replicate the complex human brain. The "intelligent" circuit was able to perform some human tasks that computers usually struggle at, such as image classification (see image and reference link below).

Reference:  Memristor circuit recreates the brain and carries out human tasks

Gravock

You are kidding me, a 100 Synapse memristor created by university students is your proof. As I said NO SERIOUS RESEARCHERS are considering memristor as solution for cognitive computing.   

I am suspecting this is just an out of work HP researcher who probably spent the last 10 years of his life on memristors joined UC and convinced his students to work on his abandoned project. 

IBM Synapse chips are capable of 46 BILLION SYNATPIC operations per second but as I said you come back to me in 10 years and show me where memristor technology is. 

gravityblock

Quote from: Nink on March 03, 2016, 08:43:20 PM
You are kidding me, a 100 Synapse memristor created by university students is your proof. As I said NO SERIOUS RESEARCHERS are considering memristor as solution for cognitive computing.   

I am suspecting this is just an out of work HP researcher who probably spent the last 10 years of his life on memristors joined UC and convinced his students to work on his abandoned project. 

IBM Synapse chips are capable of 46 BILLION SYNATPIC operations per second but as I said you come back to me in 10 years and show me where memristor technology is.

Most of the research in memristors in regards to AI is jointly funded by the SyNAPSE program (DARPA) and the National Science Foundation (NSF), thus DARPA is yielding the benefits of this research.  The project is primarily contracted to IBM and HRL who in turn subcontract parts of the research to various US universities.  So, it should come as no surprise that a 100 Syanapse memristor was created by university students, since this is where the funding is being funneled into.

Reference:  DARPA's SyNAPSE Program

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

Nink

Quote from: gravityblock on March 03, 2016, 11:27:43 PM
Most of the research in memristors in regards to AI is jointly funded by the SyNAPSE program (DARPA) and the National Science Foundation (NSF), thus DARPA is yielding the benefits of this research.  The project is primarily contracted to IBM and HRL who in turn subcontract parts of the research to various US universities.  So, it should come as no surprise that a 100 Syanapse memristor was created by university students, since this is where the funding is being funneled into.

Reference:  DARPA's SyNAPSE Program

Gravock
HP was also originally part of the team that received funding from DARPA but they never even made it passed phase zero feasibility study. I recall HRL received something like 10 or 11 Million for phase 1 so HP convinced them to continue down their memristor path.  ~40 Million dollars later HRL pumped into memristor tech funded by DARPA and it never really amounted to anything so after 8 years of R&D all you have to show for it is your 100 Synapse memristor chip.

If Moores law kicks in and DARPA and others invest 100's of Millions in memristor tech your 100 Synapse memristor chip will have scaled to a whopping 3200 Synapse over the next 10 years. 

gravityblock

Quote from: Nink on March 04, 2016, 12:18:28 AM
If Moores law kicks in and DARPA and others invest 100's of Millions in memristor tech your 100 Synapse memristor chip will have scaled to a whopping 3200 Synapse over the next 10 years.

It appears DARPA doesn't agree with you, and I don't either.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

Nink

Quote from: gravityblock on March 04, 2016, 12:46:38 AM
It appears DARPA doesn't agree with you, and I don't either.

Gravock
You are right DARPA does not believe that they will even reach 3200 Snyapse in 10 years and I don't either.

They are not stupid enough to invest any more money in memristors. Game over