Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tommey Reed's E-Trike Update

Started by TommeyLReed, April 19, 2016, 03:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picowatt

Quote from: TommeyLReed on April 23, 2016, 11:02:29 AM
Hi Picowatt,

The battery bank is lead acid, due to many problems with lithium batteries that others could run into.

The motor will be 500w and and 20mph max, this falls under all US states federal regulations on electric bikes

Also by offering a kit, it takes most all individual or a company to be sue.

The kit is the way to go.

Tom

Just wanted to make sure you were considering the legal/liability issues.  I can't even insure my biz related tools and equipment for theft/damage without having to also carry biz related liability insurance as well.   

Your E-trike looks way cooler and more user friendly with the bars/steering mounted topside!

PW

TommeyLReed

Thanks PW,

I think it's a good start, this one I built took some of the hardest testing then I would do on any trike or bicycle.

Took it on dirt,snow and even jumped ramps and this held up great.

The bike is made for up to 800lb with tire and shocks rating.

I try to break it with crazy driving, so it's really is a good design.

Tom

ramset

Tom
yes Liability is an ever present issue here in Lawsuit Happy USA ,however one very unique aspect of your product  is that it is an aid to the governments cause .
that is Diminishing Carbon footprint and Global warming .

supporting Mom and Pop manufacturing of Carbon reducing Techs will be a Huge issue for out governments.
I have no doubt that you will find many congressmen and politicians who would be willing to write legislation
greatly limiting the impediments which frivolous lawsuits represent here in the USA as well as assisting in possible funding for
such projects.

perhaps the clause " Buyer beware" will actually mean something here ?
or perhaps "terms of sale" could include a bulletproof liability limitation on company responsibility if the government
could legislate this in your area for "Planet friendly" technologies ??

after all the Governments are trying to use racketeering Acts to arrest Global warming denier's here in the USA
it would not be much of a stretch to think they would not break down the walls to TORT reform in this particular area.

and well they should !!

Chet

PS
Obviously the Kit Model works here or the ultralight aircraft industry would not exist in the USA.
But that is a leisure / Play time product .
yours is a Much needed product .

and for clarity I think Global warming is Nonsense ,But the Powers that Be Steer the Money tree with this nonsense.
play the game to your advantage, also a ready made Path for FE tech !
Edit
PPS
Florida sits inches above the sea , the residents are being told "Global warming will drown us"

the hard work is done there [FEAR}

make a good business Model around Global warming and helping the elderly be Mobile [safe user friendly electric trikes with high seats and visibility]

getting the Politicians on board will be easy peesy !

the world is your Oyster Tom !!

Now about that Clem engine...and that Pulse Jet ...and that .... 8)   [only kidding ]

like I said
the world is your Oyster !!

Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

Paul-R

There's a lot of manufacturing. It might pay you to buy in at a discount a standard recumbent tricycle and convert it. Some of the legal issues might fall on the original supplier. A front wheel tiller design might reduce costs.

Johan_1955

Hi Tom,

Since 10 years retired, in this period making lots of mine ideas, testing & enjoying them and mostly finding by coincidence buyer / interests for this projects, still almost a museum full of them and making more!! ;-))

-----------------

Like below is a conversion from a normal SurfBoard, to a flat on the belly, with belt and so your middle is fixed, and so legs and feet free flexible in horizontal plane for more fun in cornering, is driven by 20pk 2 cil Yamaha, Impeller in front and steering behind for real sharp cornering, tested lots of fun even for a Ex. Race / MX guy! ;-))

We are selling these Proto-Products, like MX machine's, they also have NO warranty, because of there level of performance, just maybe a idea.

This idea is for us complete OpenSource, so ........... Florida is ....... your market!

Regards, Johan