Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Is The Earth A Flat Round Disc or Is It a Round Spherical Globe?

Started by gravityblock, April 28, 2016, 12:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is The Earth A Flat Round Disc, Concave, or Is It a Round Spherical Globe?

The earth is a flat round disc!
The earth is a flat round disc with a dome!
The earth is a round speriical globe!
The earth is concave!

tinman

The one thing i have learned over the years,is never believe what NASA tells you--most of it is crap.

I dont care much for the !flat earth! theory,but like most,believe the earth is a ball that just floats around in space-right?. ;D

Anyway,who knows what Chandra is?
Yes,it is--err was suppose to be-Quote: The Chandra X-ray Observatory (CXO), previously known as the Advanced X-ray Astrophysics Facility (AXAF), is a space observatory launched on STS-93 by NASA on July 23, 1999. Chandra is sensitive to X-ray sources 100 times fainter than any previous X-ray telescope, enabled by the high angular resolution of its mirrors. Since the Earth's atmosphere absorbs the vast majority of X-rays, they are not detectable from Earth-based telescopes; therefore space-based telescopes are required to make these observations. Chandra is an Earth satellite in a 64-hour orbit, and its mission is ongoing as of 2016.
Chandra is one of the Great Observatories, along with the Hubble Space Telescope, Compton Gamma Ray Observatory (1991–2000), and the Spitzer Space Telescope. The telescope is named after astrophysicist Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

So it's a telescope-right? ::)
Here is the official mission/function for Chandra,from the UNOOSA- United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs. Everything launched into space has to be registered with UNOOSA.
Lets have a look at what they say Chandra's mission is
Quote: Spacecraft engaged in investigation of spaceflight techniques and technology.
Dose anyone see !Telescope! there in that description?.

http://www.unoosa.org/oosa/osoindex/search-ng.jspx?lf_id=

If we look at hubble,we see the function being
Quote: Research and exploration of the upper atmosphere or outer space.
Now that looks to resemble a telescope--so what is Chandra?

Brad

tinman

One has to wonder as to how we can see satellites in the sky at night,when they are all in the Earths shadow. Light dose not bend that much around the earth,and there is no reflected light from other sources in space,and we know that we cant see the moon when it is in this shadow phase,so how do we see the satellite's that are between the earth and moon,when we cant see the giant moon?

Also,we may see one of two satellites every 5 to 10 minutes on a clear night,but looking at how many are !suppose! to be up there,one would think it would look like a busy city at night.

Believe nothing--question eveything
Brad

tinman

Oop's
That picture was a bit large--sorry guys.
But at least you get the picture-- ;D

Brad

TinselKoala

Oh come on Brad. Now you are playing the game too. Why don't you  find a diagram that shows the Sun-Earth-Moon relationship in the correct scale and 3-d orientation? Then you may understand why lunar eclipses happen when and how they do. Also, if you have observed satellites for yourself you might notice that the best time to see them is shortly after dark and shortly before dawn, and they rarely are visible across the entire sky because they "blink out" when they enter the shadow of the Earth.

Here's a video that I took through my telescope system's tracking telescope camera, after I noticed some satellite traces screwing up the deep-space image I was trying to capture with the main telescope. These satellites are in a geosynchronous orbit, as proven by a little geometry involving my latitude, the scope's pointing direction and the height of the geo-synch orbit. That is why they appear to move through the frame when the scope is tracking the object of interest but become stationary at the moment I turn off the scope's tracking. The apparent motion of the satellites against the starfield is caused by the fact that they are stationary over the ground, so as the scope moves to compensate for the Earth's motion they appear to move in the opposite direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_DhmfrSq54

And here's a photo that clearly shows a couple of satellite tracks. Remember, the photo is a long-exposure composite of a very dim astronomical object. These satellites are so dim they could not be seen with the naked eye.