Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How do I test for resonance

Started by Tesluh, October 08, 2016, 03:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaIV

Quote from: Tesluh on October 09, 2016, 02:18:58 PM
That looks like a handy instrument, will look at those, the ones I found so far are only MHz and I think I need them to be kHz range.  that might be an easy way to do it.

Bob, I don't have a scope but could and should get one.  Could you walk me through connecting and testing?  The nst looks like it could easily fry an oscilloscope if not connected correctly, Would I connect the scope somewhere directly on the circuit?

Thank you!

Your knowledge spectrum to become worked out :
https://www.google.pt/search?client=opera&q=microwave+electromagnetic+spectrum&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Regard
           OCWL

Tesluh

Anyhow, If Bob or anyone else can help me tune a coil "into resonance" using an oscilloscope or whatever device I need to find, I would be appreciative.  If it leads me to figuring out how to build a Don Smith device that works the way he said it would, I will share with this forum.  Many hundreds have tried and I think the reason many have failed is that they never got both coils truly into resonance.  That and there are so many different schematics and recommendations that to sift through them all and come up with one that actually functions both primary side and secondary, would be a miracle.

citfta

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but if you actually get a Don Smith device to work that would truly be a miracle.  As far as I am aware he never showed an actual working device where you could see the circuit and parts.  I have worked in electronics for over 50 years and I watched some of the videos of Don.  Don used a lot of technical terms that he either was intentionally misusing or did not understand their actual meaning.  He also did not have any understanding at all about how to tune a circuit to resonance.  He said in one of the videos I saw that you can use the nomograph chart from the ARRL Amateur Radio operators handbook to tune a transformer to resonance.  He clearly did not have the least understanding how to use that chart.  He claimed you could tune the transformer by putting a proper value resistor across the primary.  That absolutely will NOT change the resonant frequency of the transformer.  It will only change the Q value of the transformer.  Tuning a circuit to resonance can be done a couple of ways.  If you don't care about the frequency then you can adjust the frequency until the circuit goes into resonance.  If you want the circuit to resonate at a particular frequency then you have to adjust either the capacitance or the inductance of the circuit until you reach resonance.  If you are tuning a parallel resonant circuit when you reach resonance the current going into the circuit will drop to a minimum value.  If you are tuning a series resonant circuit then the current will go to a peak value when the circuit is in resonance.  As someone has already posted a grid dip meter and a scope are your two best tools for finding the resonant frequency of a circuit.  A frequency counter and a function generator are also useful tools for working with resonant circuits.  If you are serious about wanting to work in electronics then you need to get a copy of the ARRL Amateur Radio operators handbook and start studying so you can better understand what you are doing.  You will also be better equipped to recognize when someone is just using a bunch to technical terms to impress even when they don't know what they mean.  You can find some nice used copies of the book on Ebay.  It starts out with the very basics and goes almost up to engineering level of electronics.  It is a very easy to understand book as it is written for those with no technical background.

Sorry for such a long post but I see so many people wasting so much time on trying to get any of Don's devices to work.  They could be spending their time and money on other projects that show much better results.

Respectfully.
Carroll

lancaIV

Quote from: citfta on October 09, 2016, 10:30:25 PM
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but if you actually get a Don Smith device to work that would truly be a miracle.  As far as I am aware he never showed an actual working device where you could see the circuit and parts.  I have worked in electronics for over 50 years and I watched some of the videos of Don.  Don used a lot of technical terms that he either was intentionally misusing or did not understand their actual meaning.  He also did not have any understanding at all about how to tune a circuit to resonance.  He said in one of the videos I saw that you can use the nomograph chart from the ARRL Amateur Radio operators handbook to tune a transformer to resonance.  He clearly did not have the least understanding how to use that chart.  He claimed you could tune the transformer by putting a proper value resistor across the primary.  That absolutely will NOT change the resonant frequency of the transformer.

It will only change the Q value of the transformer.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentzkraft                                         nuclear force energy
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elektromagnetische_Maßeinheiten         how to tune/change formula 

Tuning a circuit to resonance can be done a couple of ways.  If you don't care about the frequency then you can adjust the frequency until the circuit goes into resonance.  If you want the circuit to resonate at a particular frequency then you have to adjust either the capacitance or the inductance of the circuit until you reach resonance.  If you are tuning a parallel resonant circuit when you reach resonance the current going into the circuit will drop to a minimum value.  If you are tuning a series resonant circuit then the current will go to a peak value when the circuit is in resonance.  As someone has already posted a grid dip meter and a scope are your two best tools for finding the resonant frequency of a circuit.  A frequency counter and a function generator are also useful tools for working with resonant circuits.  If you are serious about wanting to work in electronics then you need to get a copy of the ARRL Amateur Radio operators handbook and start studying so you can better understand what you are doing.  You will also be better equipped to recognize when someone is just using a bunch to technical terms to impress even when they don't know what they mean.  You can find some nice used copies of the book on Ebay.  It starts out with the very basics and goes almost up to engineering level of electronics.  It is a very easy to understand book as it is written for those with no technical background.

Sorry for such a long post but I see so many people wasting so much time on trying to get any of Don's devices to work.  They could be spending their time and money on other projects that show much better results.

Respectfully.
Carroll

Tesluh

I believe in miracles!  (but I also believe the people who tried to copy dons devices were doing many things wrong which added up to most of them not working.)