Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

neon sign transformer confusion

Started by Tesluh, October 25, 2016, 12:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tesluh

Good find!  if the ones I ordered don't work I will get those from Germany.

memoryman

"Going to order 4 of these and try 2x2 series and parallel for .2uf@6000vdc" that will give you 0.1uF @ 6kV.

Magluvin

Quote from: memoryman on October 26, 2016, 07:33:45 PM
"Going to order 4 of these and try 2x2 series and parallel for .2uf@6000vdc" that will give you 0.1uF @ 6kV.

Yeah.  If he uses 2 from that link in parallel it should be good with 2kv headroom.  That is if the caps are only .1uf each in the pic as he says. Just by the looks of them, I kinda lean toward them being 1uf 4kv. They are not small physically either.

The next thing to guess would be the voltage breakdown of the spark gap/suppressor. Diodes can probably be dictated by the cap voltage limits. If the red leads go out to the primary coil, Im not seeing how the primary gets powered by this circuit unless the nst is just a driver for the L and C. That must be it. so the nst freq can determine the LC resonant freq design.  Weird circuit.   I dont think it can be that the nst slowly pumps up the cap till spark, as the primary is across the cap and should be preventing that, I think.  Again, its weird

Mags

Mags

Magluvin

Quote from: Magluvin on October 26, 2016, 11:25:43 PM
Yeah.  If he uses 2 from that link in parallel it should be good with 2kv headroom.  That is if the caps are only .1uf each in the pic as he says. Just by the looks of them, I kinda lean toward them being 1uf 4kv. They are not small physically either.

The next thing to guess would be the voltage breakdown of the spark gap/suppressor. Diodes can probably be dictated by the cap voltage limits. If the red leads go out to the primary coil, Im not seeing how the primary gets powered by this circuit unless the nst is just a driver for the L and C. That must be it. so the nst freq can determine the LC resonant freq design.  Weird circuit.   I dont think it can be that the nst slowly pumps up the cap till spark, as the primary is across the cap and should be preventing that, I think.  Again, its weird

Mags

Mags

I misread. 2 in parallel is still only 3kv. would need 8 to be .2uf at 6kv

Mags

Tesluh

cmr1a 402104k custom electric is what Don used (x2 in parallel) on one of the boards I saw a close up of.  .1uf at 4000wvdc, i think its a mica construction.  Not saying that only that one will work.  and dang it I will need 8 to get .2uf at 6000v!  4 in series paralleled with 4 more in series, 2x4.  thank you for pointing that out!