Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Modifying My Pioneer DEX-P1R CD Radio Face Plate Back Lighting. Love This Radio

Started by Magluvin, October 22, 2017, 08:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magluvin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iy59uoGODk&t=11s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q3L1E9DAjk&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK44_KewevM

Replaced the electroluminescent  panel as it was not doing well at all after over 10yrs.  Took a broken 7in 12v monitor and it had a led back light setup that was the perfect thickness to fit. So I cut all the plexi and diffuser panels for length and width and wired it in and it is better than when it was new. So happy.

This was and still may be one of the best car cd radios ever made. Pioneer said it had 112db sig to noise ratio on cd, but when car audio magazine tested it, they found it was vastly under rated and it was actually 134db sig to noise ratio. Has everything one might want in a radio. 3 way crossover for subs, mids and tweets to be powered by their own amps. Up to 24db per ocatave for the mids and tweet rca outputs and up to 36db crossover for the subs. Time alignment for each  speaker in the system, RDS digital radio info, they didnt even have the RDS in place yet at the time. Pulls in traffic and emergency info. All sorts of goodies.

Im a happy Mags  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mags

isawit

Thanks for the videos. The older ones are gems. You are a qualified em expert. I wish you are my next door neighbor.

Magluvin

Quote from: isawit on October 22, 2017, 01:16:29 PM
Thanks for the videos. The older ones are gems. You are a qualified em expert. I wish you are my next door neighbor.

Thanks.  I wasnt even going to do vids on this. After I got to the point of putting it together I thought it would be a cool tidbit to show.  The eletroluminescent back light element was pretty thin. Was very lucky to be able to use that led stuff from the non working 7in monitor to do the job.  Salvaged parts that the thickness was key for it to fit and work for me and every time i look at it working I an ecstatic. Technology of using leds for lcd back light has only been in recent years and Im glad it came to be. The radio came out in 1998. Id put it up against any radio out there today. No parts available except for the ribbon cable for the swing open face plate that is advertised on ebay all the time.

mags

isawit

Still looking for free energy? Magnetic vortex?

Or quit dreaming already?

Magluvin

Quote from: isawit on October 22, 2017, 03:52:58 PM
Still looking for free energy? Magnetic vortex?

Or quit dreaming already?

Nah, I havnt quit. Just some time for me and getting my radio working right. I dont follow the vortex stuff.  Havnt seen anyone make Ou from it yet. You?

Mags