Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief To Amplify Joule Thief?

Started by trevstar, February 12, 2020, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pix

A Joule Thief depends on the same principle as boost converters. It uses the collapsing magnetic field of an inductor to increase the voltage over the input, in that way, they are the same.[/font][/size]
Simplifier - Voltage-Regulated Joule Thief (neocities.org)

Do not expect amps from BEMF spikes created by coil with collapsing magnetic field.
It is good to use with "dead" batteries to power LED.

skywatcher

Quote from: trevstar on February 12, 2020, 09:07:45 AM
Once again let me apologize if this  has been covered already.  I need your expert opinions. Let us say in a basic joule thief  you have .5 volts input and it lights up a 3 volt LED. Is it possible to replace the LED with ANOTHER joule thief which could then amplify the current to maybe 18 volts?   

The only issue I can think of is that the oscillating  current from the first joule might not be effective to run the 2nd joule  and might mess up the transistor operation in the 2nd joule thief.

Thanks.
Trevor

You can boost the voltage as high as you want, but this doesn't generate any energy.

pix

Quote from: skywatcher on March 07, 2023, 12:46:34 PM
You can boost the voltage as high as you want, but this doesn't generate any energy.

Amen  :)

Cadman

Quote from: forest on February 13, 2020, 04:49:16 PM
yes,if you find a joule thief which can amplify current  ::)

Exactly!

The usual joule thief is sort of a backward device if you want to increase the power out. Since it's the magnetic field doing the work the final output should be a greater amperage than given, since the strength of magnetic fields of coils are determined by ampere turns per meter.

Something I try to keep in mind is voltage does not exist in any equation for the strength of magnetic fields of coils. The magnetic field of a coil with 100 A-t at 200 volt and 1 amp is half as strong as a coil with 200 A-t at 0.5 volts and 1 amp.

pix

No energy is stored/created in magnetic core.
Energy is stored in the air gap.
What you put "in", you will get "out" minus losses.