Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Rewind 3 phases motor for higher power rating?

Started by Vortex 22, February 21, 2022, 12:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex 22

Hi,
Is it really possible to
Rewind 3 phases motor for higher power rating ?

Assuming that we have 3kw power motor

It's possible to rewind that motor for higher voltage input
Say  we need a 10 kw motor?

Sorry, I know this no free energy but it's related subject!!!

Many Thanks
Regards
Vortex 22

pix

No.
Because this involves thicker windings, then deeper grooves in stator, larger stator ect.
Re-winding of small size 3 phase motor may cost the same like a new motor and is practiced when motor windings did burn.

Cheers,
Pix

Vortex 22

Quote from: pix on February 21, 2022, 12:26:33 PM
No.
Because this involves thicker windings, then deeper grooves in stator, larger stator ect.
Re-winding of small size 3 phase motor may cost the same like a new motor and is practiced when motor windings did burn.

Cheers,
Pix

Maybe...
Many Thanks

Vortex 22

I don't know for sure
But is it possible to rewind the motor using thinner wire and more turns?
For higher voltage input

pix

It is not simple like that.
Designing 3 phase motor involves many calculations because there are so many variables- number of poles, number of rows and the size,  rpm's, single or double windings, voltage ratings, motor rating for continous work, intermittent load, starting mode, VFD mode ect.
Generally rewinding is performed when it is economically sound, on bigger, expensive motors.
Smaller motors- it is better to buy a new one.
Month ago I was involved with modifying 3 phase squirrell cage motor with neodymium magnets and I gained some knowledge, spoken to people dealing with electrical motor repairs and rewinding.
Cost of rewinding 2,2kW motor exceeds price of a new one, at least in the city I live.

Cheers,
Pix