Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Is it possible to combine a voltage source with a current source ?

Started by fxeconomist, February 18, 2023, 02:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fxeconomist

I was looking today at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voHGyN93Ru4

The guy tries to disprove Bedini, but what I like about the video is the way he extracts back EMF from a coil. The coil is connected to a 12 V battery thru a manually operated switch and is isolated between two diodes, and the back EMF is supposedly charging very quickly a 300 V capacitor.

I understand these back EMF spikes have a lot of voltage, but probably not too many amps.

So I was thinking, what if on the other side we would have a motor powering a homopolar generator. One disk between two magnets, electrically insulated from the shaft.

Can we combine this high amps current from the homopolar generator with the high voltage provided by the EMF spikes from the coil and provide this to a load ?

I've seen materials about combining power sources, and yes they say you can only combine voltage sources in series and current sources in parallel, but how do we combine a source of voltage with one of current ?

Kinda like this ?

Dog-One

Quote from: fxeconomist on February 18, 2023, 02:57:05 PM
I've seen materials about combining power sources, and yes they say you can only combine voltage sources in series and current sources in parallel, but how do we combine a source of voltage with one of current ?

If you have two power sources, say something like this:

PS1:  500V @ 0.5A, 250W
PS2:  3V @ 100A, 300W

Then what you would be seeking to do is take advantage of the 500 volts
and the 100 amps and combine them to get 500 volts at 100 amps, or
50K watts.  That's a lot of juice starting with only 550 watts input. There's
a wrong way also where you get 3 volts at 0.5 amps for only 1.5 watts.
Probably not what you really want.

It's my understanding a mixing device has to use amperage to get
voltage by way of magnetic induction and also use voltage to get
amperage by way of electrostatic induction.

Attached is a Google translated Russian device that supposedly does
this by some means of which I would have to build and test to know
if it's legitimate or not.  The concept on the surface seems plausible,
where you have a capacitor and inductor all in one device--one of
many coil/cap devices I have seen over the years.

The major problem I see with back EMF devices is that no one looks
at the time intervals and they only focus on the output.  For example,
if you pour 12 volts @ 5 amps into a coil for 1ms, then release it to
get a spike of 200 volts @ 1 amp, at first glance this looks like a power
gain, but is it?  Instantaneously it would be, but the output spike doesn't
last for a full 1ms; it may only be present for 300us.  So wattage poured
in over time compared to wattage harvested over the same internal is
going to roughly end up balancing if you include losses.  It's this behavior
that has turned me to thinking the only way to get an energy generator
is that we somehow have to trick time.  We have to be able to charge
a capacitor with a fixed voltage and limited amperage faster than we
discharge that same capacitor with the same limited amperage.  If we
can figure out a way to do this, we're in business.   :)

Dog-One

fxeconomist

Quote from: Dog-One on February 19, 2023, 12:29:30 PM

This is what I told a guy on youtube. This guy just made one and got to 60 amps.
I really got myself thinking around this problem, because all say that we cannot combine a voltage source with a current source, so I thought about getting volts induced at the same time with amps...

"1. First of all, Faraday also made a unipolar dynamo. Just the disk rotating with one magnet. Run the experiment. See what we get.

2. Returning to homopolar. Changing the disk into a pancake copper spiral. That means both center and side brushes will always be in contact. Run a DC pulsed voltage thru the brushes, collect the EMF along with the homopolar amps.

3. If the unipolar worked and gave amps, replace one of the magnets with a stationary magnet exposing both poles. By rotating the other with the pancake coil - not given any DC - it should also work like a normal inductor, induce voltage in the pancake coil, and getting amps from the relative stationary magnet (if the first experiment worked).

4. If it didin't work, we can imagine a new copper coil, which exposes more coil surface to the sides. Increasing the distance between the magnets can be avoided, this exposure would occur at higher diameter, towards stationary rounded magnets on the sides. This should create AC voltage at the same time with homopolar amps...
"

floodrod

This may sound remedial, but my bet is the majority of electrical professionals cannot answer all of the simple questions I propose below.

In the simple diagram, I send 12 volts through a resistor. Current from the battery will be able to be calculated VIA ohm's law.

Now I turn on variable power supply. I increase variable power supply voltage until current starts to flow. Now we check amperage draw from battery when current is flowing from power supply.

1. Can you make amperage flow from two sources at same time?
2. Or Will amperage only flow out of the higher source?
3. Does ohm's law still work when using two sources?
4. If it does not work, is higher source actually putting out the calculated power?

If power supply says 16 volts, will current coming from supply be calculated with 4 volts, because 16 is 4 higher than 12?

If so, is power supply really only putting out four volts even though display says 16 volts? Are we getting ghost readings?

Are we actually wasting power? Are we wasting 12 volts multiplied by amperage because of second source? Even though second source is not sending current?

Finally, can we find these answers easily in textbooks?

I have done these tests without the diodes. I will be repeating these tests with the diodes to block power from going to the other source to see if the results change.

Your question basically asks if anyone has created a free energy machine. Although there are claims, I think the majority consensus is none were able to be repeated reliably by others.

The bench is our best friend. I believe the textbooks will only teach us so much, but we need live bench testing to fully understand the very nature of the beast. Then maybe we will learn how to alter the chain of events to manipulate and tame the beast.