Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Buoyancy calculations – making use of an exception to Archimedes' principle?

Started by Novus, April 29, 2023, 10:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novus

Wikipedia: There is an exception to Archimedes' principle known as the bottom (or side) case. This occurs when a side of the object is touching the bottom (or side) of the vessel it is submerged in, and no liquid seeps in along that side.

Picture 1 
A ('brown') container contains a fluid.
Submerged in de container is a trapezium shaped mass 'A'
The trapezium consists of two separate parts which fit air tight and can slide laterally. As a result mass 'A' can change in volume.
The sides of 'A' are kept airtight to the wall of the 'brown' container by some kind of guiding rail system without liquid seeping in between (= exception to Archimedes' principle)
Tube 'B' connects 'A' with the air outside of the container.
In picture 1 the combined density of the walls of mass 'A' and the volume of air trapped inside is buoyancy neutral.
The width of 'A' is 1. The width of the 'brown' container is more than 1.
The downward buoyance force on top of 'A' =  Fb1 = h(height)*p(density)*g(gravitation constant)*a(area) = 6 * 1 * 9.8 * 8 = 470.4
The upward buoyance force on the bottom of 'A' =  Fb2 = h(height)*p(density)*g(gravitation constant)*a(area) = 8 * 1 * 9.8 * 6 = 470.4
Fb1 = Fb2

Picture 2 
'A' has increased in volume. The combined density of the walls of mass 'A' and the volume of the air trapped inside is now positive buoyant.
The downward buoyance force on top of 'A' =  Fb1 = h(height)*p(density)*g(gravitation constant)*a(area) = 4 * 1 * 9.8 * 10 = 392
The upward buoyance force on the bottom of 'A' =  Fb2 = h(height)*p(density)*g(gravitation constant)*a(area) = 6 * 1 * 9.8 * 8 = 470.4
Fb2 > Fb1 + positive buoyancy results in 'A' moving upwards.
Each interval between picture 1 en 2 will results in an increase in positive upwards buoyancy force.

Picture 3 
The 'guiding rail system' is disconnected and the sides of 'A' are no longer kept airtight to the wall of the brown container.
The two separate parts of trapezium 'A' are locked.
Fb2 > Fb1 + positive buoyancy results in 'A' moving upwards.

Picture 4 
The two separate parts of trapezium 'A' are unlocked.
The force on the sides of 'A' reduces the volume of the trapezium to the same size as in picture 1.
The combined density of the walls of mass 'A' and the volume of air trapped inside is buoyancy neutral.
'A' will 'float' down to the same position as in picture 1.

sm0ky2

How are you changing the volume of 'A'?

Without some mechanism (and energy input) the transition between steps 2 & 3 will not occur in the manner as stated.

"unlocking" the width of A, will simply compress 'A' to its' minimum width at any point in the diagram. Water pressure at every depth = > 1 ATM
This forces air out through the tube and 'A' will remain at its minimum volume.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

Novus

The key point, as per the exception to the Archimes principle, is that there are no lateral forces in step 1 and 2 and therefore object A will not compress to its minimum volume even when the 2 parts of the trapezium A are not locked.

Novus

In your opinion will object A move up, down or remain stationary based on calculating Fb1, Fb2 and any other factors which you believe are relevant?

panyuming

Thanks to Novus for reminding Archimedes buoyancy calculation.
Imagine that this graph can rotate itself?
Thank you!