Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulse Motors- Your building them wrong.

Started by tinman, August 30, 2023, 12:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

When making your coils, please keep the turn number high.
I will show you why here-->

Lets say we have a coil of say 300 turns, and it has a resistance of say 6 ohms.
This coil will draw 2 amps at 12 volts= 24 watts.
Magnetic field strength is determined by amp turns, and in the above case, we have 300x 2amp turns=600 amp turns.
If we wind a coil with say 600 turns, and it's resistance is 12 ohms, will still have the same amount of amp turns--600 amp turns, and
so our magnetic field strength is the same, only in the later case, we are now only using 12 volts @ 1amp= 12 watts of power.
We have halved our power consumption, but maintained the same magnetic field strength.

Don't worry about coil inductance too much, as the inductance of the coil increases as the torque plate gets closer to the coil core.
This is the reason the peak current flattens off at around 2 amps, regardless of the time period, as shown in previous videos.

The early versions of this motor used opto interrupters to switch on the transistor.
My later versions of the motor uses either reed switches, or hall switches to fire up the transistor.
This allows for better switching, and the elimination of large opto interrupter blades, and the power supply for the interrupter circuit.

Brad

MagnaProp

Thanks for the info tinman I'll make another coil with a lot more turns as you explained. Thanks again.

onepower

Magnaprop
QuoteGot a coil wound up. Getting close to having it all mounted so I can add some power. Any last recommendations on how to power it up without burning stuff up?

One important aspect is the pulse time period.

When the current starts rising in a coil the magnetic field starts expanding. When the magnetic field is done expanding all the current starts generating heat in the resistance of the coil. We call this "flat lining", if we watch the current flow on a DSO it starts rising and when it flattens out it starts generating heat.

I often use a voltage sensor, current sensor and a hall effect magnetic field sensor attached to my DSO when tuning coils. This way we can tell how effective or efficient our setup is. Our goal is to produce the strongest magnetic field using the least amount of energy. So it pays to know how strong the magnetic field is and what it's doing relative to our input. 

AC

wopwops

Nali2001

Still here, sharing some progress. Got a 10gk lifting weight and machined 7kg out of it.. its 27cm diameter.