Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

2 Balls on slope, one is faster...

Started by hartiberlin, May 05, 2005, 09:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terry5732

The water behind the dam goes nowhere unless you release it.
Does it really have PE then?
It certainly has no KE while held.
When you generate electricity by releasing it, it has KE and the PE is released.
If you hold it , there is only theoretical energy.
While releasing flow from dam, ENTIRE water of resevoir IS MOVING - just SLOWER per cross section.
All the dam changes is time/rate behind it.

If you burn a given amount of gasoline, you get a certain amount of heat.
Burn same amount in motor and get same heat plus rotation.

PaulLowrance

Quote from: terry5732 on May 11, 2005, 09:26:06 PM
The water behind the dam goes nowhere unless you release it.
Does it really have PE then?

Yes.

It certainly has no KE while held.

Not on a macroscale.  I have no idea where you are going with this but there is energy in all matter-- E = mc^2

When you generate electricity by releasing it, it has KE and the PE is released.
If you hold it , there is only theoretical energy.

Yes there is.  It is called PE and it very real.  It is a cause from the gravitational force pulling on the water.  That is the PE.

While releasing flow from dam, ENTIRE water of resevoir IS MOVING - just SLOWER per cross section.
All the dam changes is time/rate behind it.

The energy does not come from the time dimension.  By means of time the water may flow and generate energy.  Just as by means of the ground / floor the water may flow over the ground and generate energy, but that does not mean the energy came from the floor.  The energy did not come time.  It came from the PE-- the distance and the force of gravity on the water.

If you burn a given amount of gasoline, you get a certain amount of heat.
Burn same amount in motor and get same heat plus rotation.

No offense but I can only suggest to you that you study a lot more.  You are passing around incorrect information to people and that has a consequence.  To clarify your problem I hope you study this ->

If you burn the gas in motor and prohibit the motor from turning then the motor will get a lot hotter than if you allow the motor to turn.  So right off the bat you are incorrect.  When gas burns in a motor, the cylinder chamber volume expands by magnitudes.  As you know, this is caused by the piston moving up and creating more volume.  In basic thermodynamics they clearly teach and should demonstrate that as gas expands it gets colder.  Additionally, after the cylinder chamber has expanded to a certain degree, then the exhaust valves opens and the gas expands a lot more to escape and then the piston pushes the rest of the remaining gas out of the chamber.

Truly I hope that helps in some way, eventually.

Sincerely,
Paul

rensseak

PaulLowrance

Dear rensseak,

Thanks for posting that.  I hope Stefan will now see that both balls are moving the same speed at the end.

Sincerely,
Paul

rensseak

But the way through the hollow is longer and nevertheless the ball is faster at the aim. :o