Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

OverUnity prize money 15825 US$ total until now

Started by hartiberlin, March 28, 2007, 07:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartiberlin

@Sauron,
we want to have a system that really puts out
energy for free on a rather larger scale.

If I would set the prize already for a 1 Watts device, it is
nice, but if it costs 500 US$ or more to build just only in parts,
it would be mostly too expensive for the most people
at this low output level.
Also if it would be built with accumulators in it,
it is harder and needs longer to be measure, if the energy is just coming
from the accumulators or is a real converted energy from some other free field.

What power output would you like to see the prize being given to ?
10 Watts ? 20 Watts ?

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

Sauron

i don't know.
but i do know what matters is the diffrence overunity or not.
it does not really matter how much all that matters is that it is free unlimited clean energy.

Sauron

ResinRat2

50 watts is a good high number. Might as well set your sights high for the prize. It should help "elevate" the competition. The idea of powering ONE 50 Watt bulb forever doesn't seem too unreasonable of a goal. Especially when you are talking about Overunity as compared to the vastness of the universe.

Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

mrl

Quote from: hartiberlin on March 29, 2007, 09:42:15 AM
Hi Mr. Amos,
I disagree, as this will make inventors maybe change their mind not to patent
their invention, but go the way for open source and rather make money from
their famousity which this prize will bring them.
Okay, the prize money itsself is not much, but all the publicity and PR it generates
around the whole world and the Internet will be huge !

We are looking here for the real deal and not for any fake designs, so
that the device will have full documentation so everybody can rebuild
it for themself.
So all people will benefit, cause the invention is publically released.
When the device is presented
and as it is a must to have the same 3 devices that are working, we are sure
that it is replicable.

So I guess the competition to win the OverUnity Prize will
generate a lot of interest just for the inventor?s own mind, that he can say later:
"I have this won this price with my invention !"

Hi Stefan,

The problem with public domain regarding this issue is that it's hard to give away maybe 5 or more years of your work.  Here's a likely scenario: I give my design to the world, then some huge company who can mass produce it takes it and starts making big money off it, leaving me nothing but maybe some pats on the back and public recognition, like Tom Bearden or John Bedini.  Sure I can attempt to produce my own design and sell it but there's little chance I could compete with a huge company that can mass produce the thing at about one third the price.  After I let then cat out of the bag I can't complain about not being rewarded for my hard work if I don't publicly disclose it within a legal framework, i.e. in a patent.  A patent is a publicly recognized disclosure that gives the inventor the right to get rewarded for his hard work.  If there's no patent then he has no rights in it.  No right to sue, no right to complain.

The way I see it, if I patent it I can still let people produce it just as if I didn't patent it; or I can make some money from it (or both).  But if I don't patent it then I have shut down my options.  I then have no recourse.

I say patent it and let some people reproduce it but not others.  That way you control who gets to produce it.

Sauron

Quote from: mrl on April 11, 2007, 07:54:58 PM

Here's a likely scenario: I give my design to the world, then some huge company who can mass produce it takes it and starts making big money off it, leaving me nothing but maybe some pats on the back and public recognition

Correct