Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

magnetic drive gears

Started by innovation_station, April 02, 2007, 03:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low-Q

Quote from: innovation_station on April 07, 2007, 02:49:59 PM
i was thinking of using the magnets to repel not to attract each other

but there so many ways to do this it is still much in thought

is

Repel configuration will have its sticky point where two magnets on each gear are in same position. The gear will be prevented to rotate when one magnet on each gear are approaching each other. I believe however you have thought further: The gears will probably align so the magnets are allways at the farmost position to each other; The magnets will approach each other in the same way as a zipper works. In fact, and after further thinking, it will act the same way as my suggestion earlier in this thread. So our ideas are not so unfamiliar after all :)

Br.

Vidar

fleebell

I've tried what your doing a while back with a small hawt windmill and can give you my results if it helps any.

Toothed gear with magnets.

positive side:

-the gears with teeth as the magnetic poles do work to some extent and does reduce your friction wear when first starting.  (I used north -><- north)

-very quiet when running

negative side:

-the teeth will hold all the tiny worn off bits and cause odd wear patterns.

-unless the magnets are extremely powerful though , a high running torque will overcome the magnetic force and the gears will end up with metal to metal contact anyway so you will still need some oil or grease there.

Starting  is where you get most of the wear in any gear system.  There is normally an oil film that prevents contact between the teeth once turning in most systems.

gears of magnets only

positive side:

- no metal to metal mechanical connection and silent running

- good for a steady input speed power source

negative side:

- does not seem to transmit torque well unless you use many magnets (mine wouldn't anyway - I started with 6 in each row and ended up with 24 - stopped at that point , no more room for magnets in the 3" diameter plastic pieces I was using - I was using a 1 / 1 gear ratio

- doesn't do well when input speed changes quickly - tends to break free and won't magnetically lock back up until the driver stops or almost stops.

- tends to surge until it gets turning unless you use a lot of magnets

I found that the straight magnet gears (at least the ones I made to try out the idea) just are not worth the trouble for use with a windmill.  There is just too much cogging and they would break loose too easily. (Understand, this may have just been a bad design on my part too but I used three rows of magnets in each gear and they were offset to prevent cogging as much as possible)  I tried attraction and repulsion modes and the repulsion mode worked  better. It didn't cog as much.

The magnets with the teeth worked better (they couldn't break loose)  but not enough to justify having to clean the metal trash they somehow managed to attract all the time off them.  I eventually gave the idea up and used nylon gears. Almost as quiet and a little grease goes a long way with that type.

innovation_station

thank you fleebell for you input

i have given this idea much thought lately

i have a metting comming up with the nrcc
the nrcc= natonal reserch councel of canada

they are intrested in my turbine and the magnetic drive gears that was all they were told about so far  so we will  see how that goes

about the magnetic gears i was thinking now more like a few diffrent discs of magnets aranged in a neat way this can work simlar to the searl generator the key to this is to have the magnets spaced properly so they always want to repell no matter how they rest i will draw a pic of some of my newest thoughts on the gears soon i will be building thease too there are  so many diffrent ways one could build thease gears but im sure efficienty can be increased  from what it is now

basicly all the magnetic gears are is a magnet motor with a sticky spot so you use the wind to get over the sticky spot in the wind turbine style

or an electric motor well .........                   the sky is not even the limit  with this

ist

To understand the action of the local condenser E in fig.2 let a single discharge be first considered. the discharge has 2 paths offered~~ one to the condenser E the other through the part L of the working circuit C. The part L  however  by virtue of its self induction  offers a strong opposition to such a sudden discharge  wile the condenser on the other hand offers no such opposition ......TESLA..

THE !STORE IS UP AND RUNNING ...  WE ARE TAKEING ORDERS ..  NOW ..   ISTEAM.CA   AND WE CAN AND WILL BUILD CUSTOM COILS ...  OF   LARGER  OUTPUT ...

CAN YOU SAY GOOD BYE TO YESTERDAY?!?!?!?!

fleebell

You just might be onto a much better idea there, my attempts worked but not well, I hadn't even thought about doing it the way you described. I was more or less trying to copy and convert a commercial type motor connector link and obviously had the wrong type magnets and wrong configuration to do it with according to my end results.   Good luck with your project, sometimes a simple configuration change can make all the difference.
Lee

innovation_station

lee i agree

the way im looking at it is like this

if you can make the magnets do most of the work your input has decreaced and if you can beat friction you will have no loss so gears now are 95% efficient  so take most of the input away make the magnets do the work and have no friction from its operation  sounds like overunity to me

ist
To understand the action of the local condenser E in fig.2 let a single discharge be first considered. the discharge has 2 paths offered~~ one to the condenser E the other through the part L of the working circuit C. The part L  however  by virtue of its self induction  offers a strong opposition to such a sudden discharge  wile the condenser on the other hand offers no such opposition ......TESLA..

THE !STORE IS UP AND RUNNING ...  WE ARE TAKEING ORDERS ..  NOW ..   ISTEAM.CA   AND WE CAN AND WILL BUILD CUSTOM COILS ...  OF   LARGER  OUTPUT ...

CAN YOU SAY GOOD BYE TO YESTERDAY?!?!?!?!