Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

SMOT with return ramp - no need to "close the loop"

Started by vikingdread, July 09, 2007, 02:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vikingdread

Quote from: vikingdread on July 10, 2007, 02:45:28 PM
Sorry, somehow the link to the animated GIF got mixed up, the correct URL is:

P.S. As this is a side projection it is not possible to show the curve of the return-ramp in the horizontal plane.

robbie47

Quote from: vikingdread on July 09, 2007, 02:12:13 PM
Has this ever been considered?

What about a single SMOT ramp that has a return ramp. In other words a simple ramp that returns tha ball to it's starting position.

It should catch the ball at the drop off point, run around the ramp at a downward angle and return the ball to starting position.

I've created a simple drawing of what I have in mind:

What often is forgotten is that during demo's people start rolling magnets beyond the first resistance point, so the demo's start with a positive offset of energy.
Simply closing the loop will not work because when entering the start position again the moving magnet has to bridge the remaining force that has been skipped earlier

wattsup

Quote from: robbie47 on September 07, 2009, 05:40:37 AM
What often is forgotten is that during demo's people start rolling magnets beyond the first resistance point, so the demo's start with a positive offset of energy.
Simply closing the loop will not work because when entering the start position again the moving magnet has to bridge the remaining force that has been skipped earlier

Very true and often overlooked. You still need energy to get the ball starting in the smot and your ball rolling back down will not have enough energy to re-enter.

vikingdread

Quote from: wattsup on September 07, 2009, 08:16:01 AM
Very true and often overlooked. You still need energy to get the ball starting in the smot and your ball rolling back down will not have enough energy to re-enter.

Just wondering:

Would the energy needed for re-entry be enough if you had 20, 30 or even a hundred linked SMOTs?

Is it theoretically possible to link SMOTs infinitely?

robbie47

Quote from: vikingdread on September 07, 2009, 08:26:09 AM
Just wondering:

Would the energy needed for re-entry be enough if you had 20, 30 or even a hundred linked SMOTs?

Is it theoretically possible to link SMOTs infinitely?

My personal feeling is a 'no'. There are always friction losses.

There is a guy on the internet called 'soukop' that claims to have solved the 'point of return' issue.
His you-tube channel can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/my_subscriptions?pi=0&ps=20&sf=added&sa=0&sq=&dm=2&s=QcqAIEx3zjA&as=1
He has mentioned he solved the issue with applying materials that cause eddy currents at certain area's of his motor concept. If this is true (he is a strange guy with some high-delusion behaviour) I assume he is mounting some metal parts in the area of the 'point of return'.
If you want to research this problem I would advise you to look into this first, it is an interesting point of view so solve this issue with the help of local eddy current effects.

He also mentioned that he has patented his motor and that it would be public quite soon.