Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Breakthrough on cold fusion, did someone let the cat out of the bag?

Started by hansvonlieven, September 10, 2007, 05:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega_0

This is interesting. I dug out the original usenet post. Its here:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics.fusion/browse_thread/thread/60826e9a8bf7f331/76f4b2273771b95f?lnk=gst&q=palladium&rnum=9#76f4b2273771b95f

Strangely it has only one reply. People are not interested? Strange. Because its so simple.
Even platinum absorbs huge amount of H2. Works best with powered metal.

IMO, a way to confirm that this is indeed fusion, one must collect the He gas which should come out. It will be a sure sign of fusion occurring. So the question is how to detect it without using expensive spectroscopy etc, He never reacts with anything AFAIK.
I have more respect for the fellow with a single idea who gets there than for the fellow with a thousand ideas who does nothing - Thomas Alva Edison

Nutcracker

Quote from: hansvonlieven on September 10, 2007, 05:02:47 PM
If you put hydrogen in a tube with palladium filament suspended inside after a few days the filament glows red hot and after a while goes white hot and makes a very good lamp.

If it makes a good lamp, How bright is it, and how long will it last?  Would it be good enough to replace current lamps? If it is bright enough, say a 60w or 75w bulb could be replaced and that is equivalent to 60w or 75w of electricity usage for lights.

Just my thoughts, but probably not likely because of the Gamma that is put off as well...  :-\

wile_coyote7

Hmmm.....according to the wikipedia article cited above:

"The largest use of palladium today is in catalytic converters. Much research is in progress to discover ways to replace the much more expensive platinum with palladium in this application."

Sooo......somebody crack open an old catalytic converter and get the palladium out of it.

I also had an idea: What happens if you put this palladium into water? The wiki article also states, aside from the hydrogen absorbtion,  that "This metal also does not react with oxygen at normal temperatures (and thus does not tarnish in air)." Maybe it will react with the hydrogen in water?

Just a thought.
?When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.?

Jimi Hendrix